McMillan Update


Since Danny's minor hip repair he has been feeling much better. His right side, which hasn't been operated on actually bothers him more than his once worse left side. He is always so positive, never complains and grateful for his blessings. Danny loves doing RC cars with the boys and being outside. He is working hard at Dr. Wu's three days a week, loves the school on Thursday and Dr. Cademartori's on Friday. He is a great teacher and loves coming home and telling me about his experiences at the school and with the students. What a great balance to enjoy between school, work and play. He really chose the perfect profession. He is great at fixing things and enjoys the people and skill of dentistry. When he gets home from work he has about an hour with the kids before I get home and makes the most of it by having a quick bite and going on an excursion. He is so cute with Kira and I can already tell that he is creating a daddy's girl. I truly married quite an amazing man and feel blessed for how wonderful he is to me and the kids and how much he loves the Lord.

Tyler, 32 months - Tyler is a sweet, feisty, mischievous little man. He will test our buttons, is often told no several times before getting a time out that doesn't seem to phase him. He has a pretty thick skin when it comes to getting emotional and is one tough cookie. He is very determined to accomplish things or get his way and doesn't easily give in. He loves to wrestle with his brother saying, "one, two three fight." He can get pounced on and will be up and going the next second. He loves to keep up with his brother running around, jumping on the tramp and doing everything Scott does. He is talking a lot and sleeps in Scott's big boy bed. He is a very social little guy. In many ways he is similar to his mom. He likes anything small. Instead of the big RC cars he will push around little toy cars in the dirt and be totally content. He is independent and we love him so much.
Me. I am loving being a mom and love the balance we have in our family of work, play and learning. I am trying to focus more on learning since play comes so easily and that is all we want to do. I try to incorporate things into the boys play time and they are able to focus and learn better. I love having a routine and feel blessed to have a daily routine whether it be joy school, bible study or park day. I think pre-k will be just as good for Scott next year as it is for me. I love my kids and love motherhood. There is no greater or more challenging thing to do in this life. My kids are all so unique and different and it is fun to see there personalities and recognize how they have gotten some of our good and not so good traits. I have so much energy now that I am not pregnant and it is great. Except for now i have mastitis which is no fun. I have no energy to do anything and feel achy everywhere. My meds will be ready soon luckily. I have a new desire to do my best at work and excited for a great summer with the kids. I am constantly working on not letting others get to me, trying to have more patience and being kinder and more service oriented to all. Life is great. I try not to take things too seriously and realize that this is all just a process. I feel blessed for this attitude that I definitely didn't have as a youth or on my mission. I look back and realize that i used to be a perfectionist and took myself and life too seriously. It feel happy with where I am at. I feel blessed for my faith, husband and kids. They are the best. I feel we have grown through some challenging times, but am grateful for the perspective, love and attitude they have given us. We take one challenge and one day at a time hopefully with a good attitude and it makes such a difference. Luckily life has been really easy lately. Much to be grateful for.
Scott, 4 years 3 months
I have decided Scott has a split personality. One with his parents and one with teachers or outside groups. He is non-stop energy and loves doing anything outdoors. He is really talented with kinesthetic things; riding his bike, scooter, trampoline tricks and gymnastic tricks. You ask him to do it and within no time he is doing it. His speech is getting much better and most people understand him most of the time. Ok, split personality time. He is obedient with others and not so much with me. He becomes shy in new settings and will be so quite in groups. He is more of a follower and will follow the behavior of others instead of setting the pace himself. But when he knows mom and dad are serious and if he ever gets in trouble, he gets so sad. He wants to please and wants to be obedient. He loves friends and his friend of the week is someone he will get attached to and wants to do everything with. Luckily, that friend can be anyone I happen to invite over. He has the loyalty of his dad and will be happy with one or two great friends. He is into learning his letters and spelling words. He doesn't like learning or have the patience to sit and learn but instead will play word games while riding bikes, outside or doing other things. Slight attention issues, which I attribute to being the typical, normal boy. He is very much like his father. He loves mechanical things, fixing things and is such a great big brother!! We love our little man so much.

Kira, 6 weeks. Can you believe she is 6 weeks. Her spitting up/vomitting has gotten sooo much better! Yipee. We rarely gave her the medicine for reflux even though she still seems to have silent reflux. She is such a sweet little girl. So petite and so quiet. She has the quietest little cry and seems to be 100% girl compared to my boys. It is fun dressing a little girl and she usually looks better than our boys in dress who like to wear lighting shirts. She has been a really easy adjustment for our family since our boys are so close and such good friends. Starting at about 4 weeks she started to get really bad acne. My first child with baby acne. I hope it isn't an indicator of adolescent skin or she will follow in her moms footsteps. We think she is so cute and love her dearly. She gets up at 9, 11, 1, 4 and 6 to eat which is pretty typical of my babies. Luckily she followed Tyler so anything is easy and doable. I might have a different opinion at one in the morning. Having a little girl worries me a little bit with the teenage hormones. I think that she will definitely be a daddy's girl, but we will see. I love her so much and can't wait to see more of her personality come alive. She has her days of sleeping and being more alert. We went to a meet this weekend and she got up two times all morning to eat just to go back to bed and than was up all afternoon. She is starting to become more alert in the afternoon which is also usually her fussy time. We feel so blessed to have her in our family!!

Comments

Julia M. said…
Heidi, thanks for the update. You DO have an amazing family. Kira is so beautiful. Your boys are so darling! What a happy life you have in sunny CA!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons