Kira's Blessing







Kira Janine McMillan was blessed in our church on Sunday May 2, 2010. Danny blessed her and Glen, David, Brett Bilsborough, Wesley Palmer, Elijah Garmon and Ben Wiederhold stood in the priesthood circle. Danny's parents and his brother David and wife Juliann came in from Utah which was so much fun. In our church kids are baptized at age 8 when we feel they are actually accountable for their actions. Babies are given a name and a blessing by men who hold the Priesthood. We feel it is a blessing directly inspired by Heavenly Father.

The blessing she received was perfect. It was so simple, with few words, yet promises with great importance and significance. I came away with a strong testimony that there a couple significant things in this life that are of great importance. I want my children to know how much the Savior loves them, how much we love them and how living a righteous, good life full of love will lead to happiness and success. So often we are worried about insignificant things that really have no eternal significance. The blessing was a reminder to me that the gospel is one of love. I felt the love that Heavenly Father has for Kira and the beauty and pureness she has from within.

The few things I remember from the blessing were that she will be aware of the love her family, the Lord and all people have for her and that she will be a beacon of righteousness.

What marvelous promises. We are so blessed to have her in our life. I know that she will be a beacon of so much good in this life. I am excited to see the wonderful young lady she will become. It is pretty amazing having a little girl. You feel their purity and loveliness from within. I love her so much and want to be a better, more virtuous person for her. I want to be the best example for my little girl that I can be. I want to show her how wonderful it is to be a mom and wife. It is the most wonderful thing she will be able to do in this life that is full of so much love and joy.

My mom found my baptism dress which is beautiful. I love that Kira was blessed in my dress. It means so much to have your child in something that has meaning. Much of who they become and the opportunities they have are from the teachings and love that is passed on from one generation to the next. She looked beautiful!! My little angel.

Comments

Isom Crew said…
She is beautiful! What a nice day for you all. How neat that she was in your same blessing dress. Thanks for sharing.
She looks beautiful in her blessing dress! I'm sure it was a great day!
Julia M. said…
Kira is so darling! She looks a little bit like Tyler to me. What a special day.

And I'm glad Tyler's doing so well. What a miracle boy!
Jacquie said…
Kira's blessing was very special and she looked beautiful...it meant so much to Dad & I to see her dressed in your Christening dress and at times it felt like yesterday that I was getting you dressed for your special day!
Heather said…
I love the new pictures of Kira. Can I please have a copy? It was such a special day. What a beautiful little princess we now have in our family.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons