Young Women Auction

Where is my camera when I need it. The young women did a live dessert auction and a silent service auction to help with the expenses of girls camp. They made these yummy desserts and had great auction items and made so much money for girls camp!! We won some delicious rice crispy peanut butter chocolate bars. I wish I had pictures of the cute decorations they made for the Italian dinner extravaganza. The church was full with the two wards and everyone had a great time. Danny was the MC/auctioneer for the night and did awesome. Everyone kept asking me how he learned to auctioneer and I said, "he claims it is his finely trained ear." Ha, I don't know how he knows how to do that. The boy really can do everything. It was such a great night with so many friends. I love our ward and all the great friends I have made.

We both worked today. When Danny and I are both working on Saturday my mom and dad bring the boys to Marine World with the animal shows and rides and they love it. It is a little kids dreamland. Kira comes to work with me and hangs out in the bjorn and is such a good girl. It was about 80 in walnut creek today and 25 minutes away in San Pablo it was freezing. I wrapped my parka around us and she was snug as can be. I love that little girl soo much.

ok, time for night night. I am tired. Actually really tired since our munchkin was up too much last night.

To add something I learned. There are some people who are always giving and they are such an example to me. There is a family in our ward who are silent examples of this to me. They are probably not even aware of this. They are always serving others through their generosity and kindness. Either visiting an older sister, inviting people over for dinner, making baby blankets, gifting extra toys, etc. Their countless actions that go unnoticed are out of pure love. It seems that everything they do is because they love. As a result they emulate the spirit. Whenever I see them they just seem to be happy and filled. It is quite amazing that as we love we are filled with Heavenly Fathers love in return. I want to be more giving. More considerate. I know that as I do that I will come to understand the savior better. Thank you to all the countless people who are constantly teaching me in their silent ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons