Friday, May 21, 2010

Building Blocks

I was talking with a friend the other day who has kids in school, at home and a baby. We were talking about the simplicity of not having school age kids yet. I don't think any stage will be quite as simple as this. We get to do what we want to each day. If we don't want to go anywhere and want to stay in PJ's we can. If we want to have friends over, we call them up that day. If we want to build blocks, play cars, go the park or on a bike ride, we do. It is simple and wonderful!! I know I will forever cherish this time as a mom. When life gets busier I need to remember to have moments like this. Later on Scott started building "temples" and that made me happy. Danny built a building with Scott the following day and it was so elaborate. I think I might have to buy more blocks. A friend gave these to me a while ago and they are so fun to play with. Thanks Alix!!



1 comment:

allison said...

Some times I can't tell your boys apart & other times they look every different!
Yes, school throws a monkey wrentch into the relaxed schedule of babyhood! I miss the days of complete freedom...school hasn't been as hard to adjust to as I imagined though. But don't get me wrong, I am counting down the days till summer break!
Glad you are all well:)