The Science Academy and Parenting

We went to the Academy of Science today with Adri and Jacki. We piled all 5 little ones into the car. It is so much fun going to the museum with a friend for me as well as for the kids. Jacki is such a good mom with great wisdom. We were a year apart in high school but didn't know each other well. I am so glad I have gotten the chance to know her as young moms. Have you ever seen a giant sea bass? They are HUGE. We had fun. If you ever want to go let me know. I have a pass for two adults and unlimited kid and it is always a good time.

I have been thinking a lot about what Scott sees on television or computer games. He started to watch spider man which I think it too violent. On Sunday Scott wanted to watch the prophet so we turned on General Conference and it was a great lesson about surrounding yourself with uplifting things and a perfect teaching experience. I said spiderman was probably not the best thing to watch. Scott rebutted that Spiderman which is true. I than said there were other people that were not so good and he agreed. After some discussing he was willing to give it up to follow the prophet and make "jesus happy". Kids are so pure.

Jacki had a great point that your kids might watch and do these things in life or at friends houses but they don't need to do it at home. It really made me want to surround the boys with uplifting things in the home. They are so impressionable and surrounded by so many things pulling them in different directions.

Scott loves playing with his friends. He and Adri played so nicely together, however, when he gets tired it is all over. Adri was singing and Scott didn't like it so he decided he didn't want to be friends. His brother wripped his nemo sticker and he said he was carsick. I am still a little unsure if he got carsick. Anyway, with about five minutes left in the car he started to cry. We got home, had some ice cream, blood sugar went up and he was all better.

So what do you do about a kids who tells another kid they don't want to be friends? It is so sad and I know Scott doesn't mean it but it hurt Adri's feelings and I don't like it. Tonight Scott talked about how much fun he had with Adri and we had another little teaching opportunity to talk about how we treat friends. I hope it sinks in and he is kind all the time. I guess they will either outgrow it or learn the hard way how to treat friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons