Lunchtime Stroll & Bugs

Danny had 2 hours off mid-day on Friday so we took a little neighborhood stroll. We have bike trails/canals that go all over Walnut Creek and the surrounding cities. They are AWESOME!! We ride to church, the park, the library, friends houses and downtown on them. When Danny isn't here, I put Tyler and Kira in my new "used" double BOB (great craigslist purchase which we McMillans LOVE) and Scott rides his bike.

Kira hanging out in the shade

Scott and Bugs
Scott fishing for tadpoles. He was so proud of his little tadpoles. Scott is in a phase that he LOVES bugs!! Any bug especially box elder, worms, rollies pollies, lady bugs and cenipedes just because those are the ones in our backyard. Did I mention he collects snails and tells me how cute they are. He wants to take his bugs to bed and will show them to the world. The other day he had show and tell and brought his worm. His teacher said she had never heard him be so talkative. He told the class all about worms. I am surprised he didn't want to search for his worm that instant. Probably because I told him he could only take his worm if it stayed in his container. He will spend a lot of time searching for and collecting bugs. He than wants me to touch them which I don't necessarily love. Oh well. The life of having boys. I am more and more convinced that boys are innately different.
Tyler taking a rest with Danny who just woke up from his nap. Danny can sleep anywhere and needs an afternoon nap. He found a fence and his head was bobbing in no time.

We have seen this family of 21 ducks a couple of times and I wonder how the mom acquired so many. Is it possible to have that many, did she steal them or acquire them due to a mommy dying?? The other ducks are lucky to have 8 and she has 21.
Loving springtime. Love having a spring baby. It is so nice out but not too hot. Great times!!

Comments

Heather said…
I remember you being obsessed with bugs and tarantula's when you were a kid. He definitely didn't get it from me. So cute how he gets so excited about it all.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons