Scott's First Primary Prayer

Scott is in primary this year at church. We all sit together during sacrament which is the first hour. I think my kids are the most active little boys there are. It makes me laugh because I think Danny and I were two of the most active little kids that existed. Scott and Tyler do fairly well that I can't complain. We are working on sitting on the pew instead of under it. I think Scott is big enough that he can sit longer than he does. They rarely need to leave expect for occasional bonks on the head or bathroom stops, but could do a better job at sitting. Little by little the kids learn to do this. It is quite amazing and I am grateful for the process, patience and toy makers, sticker books and crayons that keep my boys entertained!!

We than break up for the second and third hour. The kids 4-11 go to Primary and have a class with their agegroup and than everyone meets together the third hour.

He is a sunbeam and was assigned the prayer at church for Primary in the third hour. He got to sit in front and they invite the parents of the kids that are giving the prayer and talk to listen. When he saw us enter he was so excited and waved to us in the back of the room. Danny and I weren't sure how it would go and he did great. We are so proud of our little man.

He said, "Heavenly Father, we are grateful for church and primary (very clearly which is impressive for him and than really fast concluded) in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Good job little man. We are so proud of you.

Scott is working on trying to control his anger this week. He gets upset when he can't do something he wants to do. Danny and I were difficult kids, so just assume he got our genes. We are trying to be extra loving to him in the these times and tonight we talked about how Heavenly Father wants us to love each other and when we get angry about something, like not being able to do something we want to do, we should pray and ask for help. I will tell you how it goes. I am grateful for the guidance of prayer in parenting, my own parents example and love I have for being a parent. It really does make you into a much better, more loving person. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons