Sunday, December 30, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Friday, December 7, 2007
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tagged By Kerry
5 things I was doing 10 years ago
- hanging with the GG's
- swimming fast..those were the days
- paging 70113 11 7075*143*823*47
- watching Days of our Lives & A wedding story with my sister
5 things on my to do list today
- clean the house
- get posters for a meet this weekend
- think of christmas gift ideas..I am realistic and know I won't get the shopping done.
- call in meds for Tyler
5 snacks I enjoy
- green apples
5 things I would do if I were a billionaire
- save..it's in our nature
- buy a house
- pay off dental school loans
- start a non-profit for heart kids
- do service missions
3 bad habits
- don't manage my time well so I am always running to the next thing
- I don't cook
- I take my frustrations out on Danny
5 places I've lived
- Clayton, CA
- Walnut Creek, CA
- Provo, UT
- Spain; Madrid, Barcelona, Benidorm, Elche
5 jobs I've had
- snack bar worker, Heather Farms
- swim coach
- commercial sales
- swimmer...does that count? Hey, it paid for school & everything associated with it.
5 things you probably don't know about me (this is for Kerry who tagged me)
- I had goats, a horse, and many other animals who were all named Kerry growing up
- I wanted to name all my children kerry when I was younger
- I don't want to name my children kerry anymore
- I would be happy being a mom to all boys
- I really love living in a condo right now
I tag the first 5 people on my friends list. I don't know who that is so take a look & it just might be you!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Walnut Creek & our Condo...we love where we live. It is close to San Francisco, the beach, mountains and so much to do. Our little city has great parks, shopping, restaurants, wonderful weather and so much more. We are so lucky to live here.
We are grateful for the miracles of prayer, our faith in God and knowledge of eternal families.
Friends like you!! We don't know what we would do without our friends and family that have done so much for us these past couple of months. We love you!!
Scott & Binkies...Scott makes us laugh day and night. He is the sweetest most loving son any mom or dad could dream of. He is the best big brother and so much fun to have in our family. We love you Scott!
Danny & Motorcycles...I love my husband. He is a kid at heart, loving, caring and such a great dad. I don't know what I would do without you sweetie. I love you...you complete me!
Danny the Dentist...Danny loves his profession. He loves working with his hand, working with others and has been so fortunate to have some great mentors and associateships in dentistry. I feel so blessed that my husband loves the profession that he chose. You realize how lucky you are when you enjoy what you do every day. This is a picture of one of his students work. Thank goodness for dental school.
My parents. They made me who I am. They are two of the most generous and caring people I know. My boys and I are so lucky to have them so close!
Laughter...the cure for all.
My sister and the baby bjorn...I am so lucky to have a sister who is full of wisdom, love and so much fun to be around. The baby bjorn is the best invention for any mom with two kids. I don't know how parents did it before this invention!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
bride and groom with the kids. Someday in the near future...
massive cake. Yummy....
Monday, November 19, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
- One ordinance received in the temple is called the endowment. The word endowment means "gift," and the temple endowment truly is a gift from God. The ordinance consists of a series of instructions and includes covenants to live righteously and follow the requirements of the gospel. The endowment focuses on the Savior, His role in Heavenly Father's plan, and the personal commitment of each member to follow Him.
- Another temple ordinance is celestial marriage. In this ordinance husband and wife are sealed to one another for eternity. A sealing performed in the temple continues forever if the husband and wife are faithful to the covenants they make.
- Children born to parents who have been sealed in the temple are born in the covenant. These children automatically become part of an eternal family. Children who are not born in the covenant can also become part of an eternal family once their natural or adoptive parents have been sealed to one another. The ordinance of sealing children to parents is performed in the temple.
- People who have died without these essential gospel ordinances may receive those ordinances through the work done in temples. Acting in behalf of ancestors and others who have died, Church members are baptized and confirmed, receive the endowment, and participate in the sealings of husband to wife and children to parents.
I love going to the temple. It is a place of peace, away from the world, where you can hear the still small voice of Heavenly Father.
- I love the beach or pool on a sunny day.
- I love my cozy bed (especially when I am able to sleep).
- I love going to dinner with my family for special occasions.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
So our friends, the Bogners, have created an amazing game. The Mashoonga! It is a contact game like no other played with bo-staffs and sabers. They are excited to be debuting their game at The Sports Basement in Walnut Creek this Saturday. It will be a lot of fun, plus there will be free pizza, prizes and the Mashoonga Challenge. Saturday, Nov. 17, 2007 3:00-5:00pm, Sports Basement (across from Heather Farms Park) 1881 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek, CA 94598. To find our more and see a video of the game go to http://www.mashoonga.com/
Saturday, November 10, 2007
- He is the best dad. He plays with Scott non stop and teaches him all these new things including spanish. He takes the baby in the middle of the night so I can get rest and is so full of love for his two little boys.
- He loves me and would do anything and everything for me.
- He works so hard for our little family, never gets upset and is always there for us.
- He loves his job. He is honest, a great dentist and wants the best for everyone.
- He loves the Lord. Our family revolves around the Lord, prayer and peace (most of the time) which I wouldn't trade for anything.
- He can do or fix anything he puts his mind to.
- He allows me to follow my dreams and encourages me to do what makes me happy.
- He is a kid at heart. He gets excited about the littlest things, which makes me realize I need to stop being so serious sometimes and be a kid again.
- He cooks for us.
- He makes me happy..Is there anything more important??
For this I want to say happy birthday Danny. I hope you have a great 29th year!