Friday, May 14, 2010

Kira's 2 month check-up

Kira is doing great. She is such a good baby.

The first month she had projectile vomiting day and night. Anytime she ate she threw up across the room. We put her on medicine and about a week later she seemed to outgrow her problem. I don't think it had anything to do with the medicine. I think she either outgrew it or learned how to eat better without sucking in so much air or aspirating on her milk. As soon as she wasn't throwing up we took her off the med. Since milk seems to just leak out of her mouth which seems to be no big deal.

She is so good. She cries when she has a dirty diaper or needs to be fed or burped. Other than that she is just a quiet little baby. She still sleeps quite a bit. Probably sleeps for 2 hours and is us for an hour. She goes to bed around 8pm and wakes up around 12, 3 and 6. She sleeps better than any of our kids at this age. It is so nice to get a couple of hours of sleep at a time. She loves to be held on your chest. Today Danny slept for about 30 minutes at the park with her on his chest in the baby bjorn. It was quite cute. I love that she likes to cuddle. She loves to be swaddled.

She smiles so big at me and Danny. We love it. It just melts my heart. It is this feeling that she knows you and loves you and is grateful to be a part of your family. She is observant of what is going on around her and really doesn't make much noise. She grunts sometimes that I think is related to reflux.

She only weighs 9.1 pounds. It is the cutest 9 pounds I have ever seen. She is so petite with the cutest little features. She is such a girl compared to my boy. I think Scott weighed close to 12 pounds at his 2 month check-up. The doctor isn't concerned with her weight gain. Danny and I just realize we are going to have skinny kids. I was probably the skinniest kid around and he has always been skinny. She went from 25% to 15% in weight. Her length is 21 inches I think, but that is not usually that accurate. Her head circumference made me laugh today. She has the tiniest head but I never realized how small. She was born with a head circumference of 3% and now up to 5%. She really does have the tiniest head. I love my little petite girl so much and glad that she is doing well. Since she was born she has been able to lift her head with a lot of control. I am sure it is because her head is so small.

We love her so much. Scott calls her "cutie pie" and loves her. Tyler is very sensitive to her crying. He wants me to take care of her right away. They are both adjusting well. Scott is gets really worked up over nothing lately. I don't know if it is a stage or if it is his way of adjusting to Kira.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I am so grateful for the update. I think when it comes to family you have it all figured out. I am so happy for you that she is a good baby, and we are always thinking of you all. Cheers to you and the boys and baby Kira!