So Blessed with Friendship, Love and Gifts


I feel so blessed for so many wonderful friends and family that did so much to shower us with love. These are just a couple of things Kira has received. I wanted to post everything because it all means so much to me. Lately I have been feeling super blessed for the amazing friends I have. Sometimes when I am at the park or at a friends house, I think of moms who are lonely and realize how much I want to befriend everyone as well as how fortunate I am to be surrounded by amazing woman in my life!! Thank you to all my friends from near and far. Some who are my support day to day and others who I don't get to talk to as much, but who I know will always be there for me and me for them. You have all helped shape my life and help me aspire to be the best mother I can be. These gifts are daily reminders of those special people!

A lot of people wanted to throw me a shower and I resisted because I don't like being the center of attention. I used to love it and don't know what happened. I was weird and hesitant about receiving gifts before Kira was born, but have changed and been humbled the past couple months. I realize that people love to celebrate with you. In someways I didn't allow people to celebrate Kira. I am slowly but surely working on letting people celebrate my joys with me as well as help me with my struggles. I truly felt the love behind each gift I received. Two friends, who have both lost jobs and are on a budget, gave the most beautiful and simple gifts because they were full of love. How I learn and grow in life. I hope to be better at this in the future.

Grampy embroidered this blanket with Kira's name, Kris and Janine made beautiful blankets for Kira which she loves to be swaddled in, Pat made the coziest blanket ever, Adina made a gorgeous quilt with the best colors and textures and Julie made an amazing quilt. It is an "I spy" quilt with items found in the scriptures and the boys love it. And Jeannie made the gorgeous crocheted blanket. These people spent hours and hours making blankets for Kira out of pure love. Every time I wrap her in a handmade blanket I think of their love and friendship and feel so blessed! Can you believe these amazing blankets!!






Jenny, Heather and Adam ensured our little girl with be accessorized with style. Her head is so small that we are still waiting for most of them to fit. You will see many more to come.
Thinking of Em and her love for horses. I love gifts that remind you of the person who gave them to you.
So many friends gave beautiful clothes. I can't wait until she is big enough to fit into most of them. Little girl clothes sure are cute!



And shoes galore. Aunt Erika gave us these beautiful moccassins, Juliann made adorable slippers, Cindy and Denise found these adorable socks that I love and Madi and Amy gave these converse that are so cute. If this is an indicator of her shoe collection in the future we are in trouble. I think she has more shoes than I do.






Comments

Jacquie said…
Heidi, It makes us feel so great that you have so many wonderful friends and continue to enjoy all your fun adventures with friends and family! All these beautiful presents that Kira has received are "gifts of love" and are so special...We are thrilled to have our 1st little princess to shower with love! Love, Mom and Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons