Saturday, October 30, 2010

Northgate Football

I went to Northgate High School growing up. The football team was awesome our Freshman year and went downhill after that. This year they have won all of their games. Danny and Scott decided to go to Homecoming to cheer Luke on. It was fun and they enjoyed it. Sadly, Northgate was losing 35-0 at the half.

Meanwhile, back at home, I slipped on the stairs while holding Kira and almost killed myself and my child.

All I can remember was holding onto Kira, crashing and watching Kira in slow motion roll down a stair or two. I can't remember much of the event. I did manage to hold Kira through the initial fall, but let go once I was down. I very rarely freak out about medical issues, but I seriously thought I had damaged Kira's head and that my leg would need surgery. Panicked, I called Danny to tell him to come home. I then went into shock sobbing on the couch while holding Kira. Danny arrived and said, "Her eyes aren't dilated, she's tracking well, and she seems okay. The question is, are you?" Well, turns out everyone is fine.

Kira got a little bump on her head, which is now gone. I went to bed realizing what an old person feels like when they fall down. I was sore everywhere. My leg has a hard lump about the size of my hand that is muscle related because it feels better with heat and my arm, knee and ankle and now are on the mend.

I will no longer wear slippery socks and attempt the stairs while holding children. This is not the first time I have slipped down those steps. It is the first time I slipped with a child in my arms. I felt soo horrible. Nothing is worse than thinking you hurt your child. So grateful Kira is alright. I am sure that there was divine intervention on this one!!! Grateful, grateful, grateful that it wasn't worse.




No comments: