Friday Co-Op

Tyler goes to a little Mom's Morning out type deal from 9:30-12:30 every Friday. There are twelve kids and thus I work with another mom every six weeks to watch the kids. It is low key and a great little program at a local church. You are either in charge of snack or craft on your day, the kids have lunch and get to play. The first time I did it was total chaos. All the kids were there including two kids that had MAJOR separation anxiety. It of course made two others that are normally fine kind of sad. It was really sad, I remember being there with Scott about 2 years ago, but I recognize the kids will survive and this is so good for them to transition away from their mom. The second time I did it went WAY better and it was so fun.

I was unsure if I wanted to commit to another activity, since it seems we are starting to loose our freedom, however, Tyler seems to enjoy it and it has been so nice to have some time with Scott. I really enjoy the days that I get to teach to get to know the other moms and their kids. I really do enjoy the stage that my kids are in and being a mom. Yes, it does give me some added gray hairs, but it is sooo worth it and I love how these little kids are sponges and just so sweet and full of personality. So glad that I did it.

After spending $50 to fill up my car on the way and getting stuck at a light that didn't work due to construction, I decided Scott and I could ride bikes to pick up Tyler. It takes about 10 minutes in a car and took us about 15 minutes on bike. Plus, we got to go to a park on the way back and everyone enjoyed the exercise and being outdoors. Scott found a lizard that he named jumpers since he liked to jump out of his hand. It is now lost somewhere in his room. The bike ride was WAY better than a car ride and will thus become a weekly outing. Scott, Tyler and Kira loved it. Here are some pics.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons