Love Hate Relationship With DI

The Church makes it sooo easy to get rid of things. They park a truck trailer in the church parking lot, with a padlock that you can open up and throw all the clothes you don't wear, toys nobody plays with and things from the past in to give to someone else who will love them. They either sell them or give them to less fortunate people and places.

Decluttering isn't the system, it is me. Sometimes it so hard for me to throw things away. My friend gives her kids a box each year and allows them to fill it with their favorites and give away the rest. I don't think I could ever do that. It gives me anxiety even thinking about it, but I wish I could. When I try to get rid of things these are the things going through my head,

"maybe my next kid will use it."
"maybe they will miss it once I get rid of it"
"I'll fit into this at sometime during my next pregnancy."

Sad, I know. Well, I am happy to announce that in the past couple of years I have gotten soo much better at this. Every kid I have makes it easier to get rid of things. Our society is so commercialized and we really don't need any of it.

I have been helping someone get rid of things in her house. It is easy for me to throw away her things because I recognize how much better her family is going to be to live in a house with less clutter and it has been the best thing for me. I come home from helping her and feel like getting rid of things. I realize that nobody in my family wants clutter. Today I am proud to announce I brought three boxes of toys to DI. Yipppeee!!! It feels sooo good and we actually have a reading corner in the kids room which used to be filled with unwanted toys. We sat there for over an hour yesterday and today reading and singing and having some great quality time. Love it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons