BLESSED









I have an incredible dad who made gourmet breakfast before school, went to work all day and came home just in time to work on Chemistry and Math with me and my sister. He never raised his voice and had incredible patience with a household of woman. He is just an amazing man and dad.

Somehow I got lucky to marry a man who couldn't be a more amazing dad. Danny loves going to work each day. He was born to be a dentist and teacher. Somehow he equally loves coming home and being a dad. He is such a natural parent. Danny is a little kid at heart in his innocence and hobbies. He loves toys and tinkering. The kids are so blessed to have a dad so involved in their lives and who loves them more than words can express.

We have tried to get the kids down for bed earlier this week thanks to Laura's advice about the magic 7pm bedtime to see if it will help Tyler. Since I work until 7-7:30, I asked Danny to do the bedtime routine and HE HAS ROCKED!! He usually gets home between 5:30-6, gets the kids fed, has singing time with them and they are usually reading or in bed by the time I get home. Can I tell you how AWESOME that is. We used to really like having the four of us together at night, but I can't tell you how nice it is to unwind and have time to talk with Danny at night.

I have grown in so much love and appreciation for Danny this week as he has taken on bedtime duties and it has actually been special time for the kids. Danny works a night clinic on Thursday, so I put them down tonight and I don't think it went as well as when Danny does it. They told me where they read and what to do. It was really cute and I think they actually preferred their dad.

One of the greatest blessings in my life that makes me soooo happy!!!!

Janelle said something in her talk at church that I loved. She said something along the lines that she was so blessed to be raised in a home where she knew her parents were and would be loyal to each other and the commitments that they made to each other. She had security and comfort in knowing that growing up. I never thought about fidelity and trust in a marriage blessing your children with safety and peace but it does. It is probably one of the greatest things that you can give your children and I am grateful that I am married to a man whose family is the most important thing in his life.

I love you Danny!!!

Comments

Julia M. said…
Heidi, I'm so glad you two have each other. You are the perfect pair! Hooray for earlier bedtimes, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons