Reflecting on the Glenn

Tyler 1 day post op still looking pretty swollen.
Scott checking up on his brothers heart.
Round 2 of the pulmonary perfusion scan.
Talking to Daddy on the phoneHappy to see Dad instead of talking to him on the phone.

I want to write a few of my thougths about the Glenn. We went in with peace and felt it would be a short hospital stay even though we planned for a long one. You never know about infection, arrythmias, and the unexpected. I didn't expect that Tyler would be so attached and aware of mom and dad. I left twice at night and realized that it was too hard for me and more importantly hard on Tyler. You soon find out how to comfort, relax and help your little one get to sleep amidst all the lines that he is connected to. I realized how much all the nurses and doctors meant to us and how much I enjoyed and appreciated their company. The stay isn't bad because you get to know others and they get to know you. I am so thankful for becoming friends with Allison and Josh. It is so nice having another mom going through and understanding the things that you are going through. Overall, even though I left exhausted from night feedings, constant rocking and emotional ups and downs, I am grateful for the time we had at UCSF. Tyler continues to touch lives through his example, patience and love. Everyone talked so highly of our cardiologist, Dr. Cooper and his nurse, Anne, who I grew to appreciate more and more for all they do. We went to the park this morning, have a happy baby and are grateful he is doing so well. His heart truly is a miracle. For me, the hardest part of the past couple of months have been his GI issues and constant crying. I don't wish the pain and discomfort of his gallbladder pain on any child. Even though his heart surgeries are hard on him, I don't think that he felt the pain he did for long long with his bile duct issues. I am grateful that this is on the mend as well. I feel like we are finally starting to function normally again.

Comments

Kerry Hoaglund said…
Good for you! I'm glad you are feeling a little less pressure now! What a relief! We are always thinking about you and hope you are well. Thanks for the updates...we love to hear how things are going!
Heather said…
those pictures are simply priceless. they paint the amazing journey you have all been on.
That last picture is adorable. I love his smile.
Julia M. said…
What a blessing! I love the picture of Tyler and Danny. Wow. You've been through a lot. God truly does answer prayers!
Mardee Rae said…
I'm so glad that you blog so that we can keep up with all these crazy procedures and always know how your family is doing. Tyler is so ridiculously cute and it's amazing how happy and healthy he looks. Oh, I just want to squeeze him! (but I won't :) ) We're back in town now, so we'd love to go to the park with you sometime.
azufelt said…
I'm a random poster here- But I stumbled onto your blog... My daughter was born In Nov '07, and diagnosed with a CHD, and had surgery at 6 days old, and we are also LDS. I'm obsessed with reading other people's stories and seeing how amazing our little ones are. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and son!
♥ Michele ♥ said…
He looks great! I am glad things are going well. He is such a cute, smiley baby.
Meg Honey said…
Dear Heidi:
I have read your blog for months now...and every time I check in, I am inspired by you! I think your boys are precious, and I am glad Tyler is well. I am thinking about all of you!
Meg Honey :)
Your blog gives me hope! My little guy has been home for 2 weeks now following the norwood so I can definetly relate. Also, the pregestimil is fattening up my little guy as well... we even added rice cereal to help it stay down since he's a puker. You can checkout my blog simmonsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com. You have adorable little boys! What a little champ Tyler!!
The MacMizzles said…
Look at that happy baby! I am so happy for you all.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons