HLHS Families

Please continue to keep Gracie Gledhill in your prayers as she continues her fight with HLHS. Doctors are planning on bridging her from ECMO tomorrow which is a big day for her.



Also please keep the Butcher family in your prayers, as their beautiful girl Annabelle lost her fight to HLHS yesterday. Her parents wrote, "Her precious life has touched so many people and it is our prayer that it continues to touch you and strengthen your faith. She fought so hard and did so well. We couldn't be more blessed. We have peace in knowing that we will see her again!" Thank you for sharing her beautiful story! www.babygirlbutcher.blogspot.com/



I met a woman whose nephews' son has HLHS. I told her how blessed we feel everyday to have Tyler in our lives. He has changed our lives forever by teaching us about faith, love and hope. She said that these children come to amazing families. I thought a lot about that and feel so blessed for the association (many through blogging) that I have with other heart families and how inspired and lifted I am because of their stories. Everytime I look at Tyler I think of the lack of hope we received from medical professionals when he was diagnosed. We were told that most families terminate these children and were given so little hope. We knew that he was to fulfill his mortal mission, whatever that would be, and we were so grateful for our knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father who cares for us and has a plan for us to be together forever. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about others who were given the guidance we were and out of despair chose to give up on these children. I really want to do something to spread the news of hope for HLHS. I want to organize a support group in the Bay Area for HLHS so families can see the love these children bring their families for the days, months or years that we are blessed to have them in our lives.

Comments

Kerry Hoaglund said…
Wow...that is sad. I hope Gracie pulls through. I think that's a great idea to start an organization of hope! Good for you!
Julia M. said…
My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by HLHS. I cried as I read the blogs for Gracie and Annabelle. Like you said, the families blessed with these children seem to be prepared for it. I am so glad that Tyler and Scott are both doing well. I love the picture of them in the wagon! How fun to be brothers (and to be healthy).

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons