Glenn Post Op - Day 3

Tyler is doing well. I got my first smiles this morning and he loves when we read to him. Everything is progressing nicely. He is getting back to his skinny self. He is in and out of pain and we are trying to find the balance so he isn't too uncomfortable but also not so dependent on Morphine. He came back after his first surgery with such bad drug withdrawal that we are trying our best to console him without constant narcotics. They had to take out his last IV and arterial line today because it was sluggish and swollen. He has a cardiac line where they can draw blood and give meds that go directly to his heart. They will hopefully get an IV in by tomorrow when they take out the cardiac line. They are hoping to take out his drainage tubes tomorrow which older patients say are very painful. I am enjoying being with him and am so appreciative of all his great nurses and doctors. They truly become like family when you are here. We are so proud and grateful for our little guy. How blessed we are. We are hoping things continue to progress nicely.

Comments

Kerry Hoaglund said…
I hope he recovers well from surgery! Good luck! We are thinking about you always.
Liz said…
go tyler go!!!!

xoxo
Jacquie said…
We were so happy to see Tyler on Sunday when we went to the hospital with Scott. He was awake for a while, had his beautiful (green)eyes open and looked great. Heidi has been with Tyler full time since he has been at the hospital and we are so proud of the wonderful care she is giving him as she works so closely with the team of wonderful nurses and doctors.
It's Monday and Dad and BIG helper Scott have already made breakfast, gotten all the weekly wash done, stripped all the beds in the house, remade the beds, bathed Ruby, vacummed, gone for their morning walk, made lunch and are getting ready to join me at Heather Farms for lunch and play time.
LOVE, MOM AND DAD
Julia M. said…
Tyler is so beautiful. What a strong spirit he has! I'm glad he's smiling for you. What a relief that he's recovering well. We continue to pray for you.
Heart Mommy said…
Hey guys_ we are still praying our guts out for you all.... You amaze me!!! I was a mess how the heck do you hold it all together so well???? We are wishing you a speedy hospital stay and a very nice home recovery...Give that little man a kiss on his toes or any other exposed skin from Alex his heart buddy...WAIT guys don't do that...Give him some Knuckles...Brynn and Alex, and the whole Homer Gang
Lindsey Anne said…
I just looked at some pics from the didge; the boys look so cute! Scott is growing up so fast and I loved seeing Tyler. He has a smile in his eye that is adorable. I hope he is doing well. I got an email from Mike Rigby today and he said, "tell your brother that Tyler is in my prayers." He is in mine too. You both amaze me. I love you.
Wendy Hanna said…
It's great news to hear how wonderful Tyler is doing. We are thinking of all of you every day. Your family in NJ
The MacMizzles said…
I can see in Tyler's eyes that he is going to fight! He is so darn cute, Scott is adorable, and you and Danny are handling this so well.

Congrats, on such a great post-op outcome.
Aubs
Heather O. said…
I'm so glad to hear that Tyler is doing well. Don't forget that Luke always loves to play with Scott if you don't feel like bringing him over to UCSF...and he's not sick.
Carly Smith said…
Heidi, I don't know if you remember me, but I swam with you my freshmen year at BYU. Tamber told me about Tyler. I just wanted you to know that he and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons