Reasons to Smile...


Tylers numbers(AST, ALT, t. bili;6.9) have improved. he gained weight, 10lb 14 oz to 11 lb 4oz, for the first time in weeks . He is eating a lot more. He wakes up by himself every 2 hours at night to eat instead of being too tired. Best part is that he is a happy boy and finally seems to be feeling better. He generally cries when he is tired, hungry, wants to be held, Scott drops a train on him or needs to poop...normal baby behavior. He is a pure delight and we are enjoying every minute of it. He laughs now which I LOVE!! I need to learn to post videos. I feel like he is the most stable he has ever been, which I know is an answer to prayers prior to his operation in 1 week. We go to UCSF Wed morning at 6AM for his cath. He will stay for pre-op testing until his surgery on Friday. Through this experience I have learned to listen to your intuition. Looking back I knew that his non-stop crying was more than colic or fussy baby things. It was an "I am in constant pain, help me cry." I feel so bad that he had gallblatter/intestine pain for so long but grateful that doctors were able to find the problem and help fix it. There are so many problems that can never be fixed and I feel so blessed for the great medical teams that have blessed little Tyler. Several people commented on what a cute and good baby we have yesterday. That is the first time that has ever happened. Ok, time to go play today. Scott was going to have a friend come over but he might be getting a cold...I hope our life returns to normal within a couple more months for Scott.

Comments

Heather said…
YEAH!!! Great news. I'm so happy to hear that his tests came back good. We love him so much. You and Danny have been amazing through it all. Keep it up. I know there will be a time when we are all sitting around smiling and wondering how we all got through these crazy times.
Shauna said…
Hey Heidi,
Don't know if you remember me. We moved out of the Walnut Creek ward last May and I found your blog page through many, many other pages. It's a small blogging world. Anyway, I am amazed at how well you are all doing in the midst of Tyler's heart work. It's very inspiring and humbling. When we left you were still pregnant so I never met him, but he's beautiful!
Unknown said…
So wonderful to finally read some good news! Tyler looks so good, so strong and so happy. I'm so glad that the timing worked out perfectly so that he'll be ready for he surgery next week. I loved the merry-go-round and park photos. Your boys are both beautiful!
Kerry Hoaglund said…
That is so amazing! Good for you! He is so adorable! I hope that he does well through this next surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts as always!
The MacMizzles said…
One pound! That can only be accomplished through TLC. One pound is huge, and such a relief I am sure. Not to mention all his stats. I hope you can sigh for a moment and get some well needed rest.
snlbarney said…
Tyler looks so good! I love the sweet smile on his face:) The mother's intuition is always right, but I agree, it takes time to learn to listen to it -- kind of like the still small voice, once we understand what is sounds/feels like - then we can more fully recognize it. Good luck this weekend. I wish I was closer so that Scott could come play with Ethan while you are with Tyler:(
Jacquie said…
Saturday was a great day!
Heidi was away coaching a swim meet, Danny was working and the boys were spending special time with Grandma and Pop. Tyler had a "super" day eating well, smiling, laughing, playing with his toys and being happy all day.
Scott had a fun time playing trucks, cars and trains and going on a field trip to Toys R Us to ride all the Jeeps, SUV's and Power Wheels.
The day truly ranked as A+!!
He gained about 5 oz, which is still great for him. I represented the onces wrong.
Angie said…
Hooray! He looks amazing in the picture. You are all doing such a great job.
The Boz said…
HOORAY! I'm so glad to hear that Tyler is putting on some pounds! And seriously, your kids are THE cutest...I can hardly stand it.
Cherity said…
SO good to hear!! He is such a cutie!
Beth said…
Yay for Tyler!!! He looks adorable!!
Lillie said…
Great news Heidi. So happy to hear that precious boy is feeling good. It makes you sick to think they should feel anything but.
Amy said…
Hooray; I'm so glad he's doing so well! And what a cute picture:)
Jen J said…
Heidi, I'm so glad that Tyler is more himself now. It's those little smiles and giggles that keep us going on sometimes. You're such a great mom--when I grow up I want to be like you.
Best wishes with the cath and the surgery on Friday. We'll be praying for you.
Dave
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
I usually do not create a bunch of comments, but I browsed a few responses here "Reasons to Smile...".
I do have some questions for you if you do not mind. Is it simply
me or do a few of the remarks come across like they are coming from brain dead visitors?

:-P And, if you are writing at other social sites, I'd like to keep up with you. Would you list of the complete urls of all your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

My web page: server free trial
Anonymous said…
Thank you, I've just been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I've came upon so far.
But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the
source?

My website your Blog

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons