Thank You!!

I am reading Glimpes Into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Hinckley. She says, "When you finally develop a little gratitude in your heart, make up your mind to express it. Appreciation unexpressed insn't appreciation. If you can't find someone to say thank you to for something, just take a look at your toothbrush and say, 'thank you for being. You are a wonderful little gadget." I feel fortunate that I have so many people to say thank and congratulate.

Thank you JANINE & GLEN on your willingness to fly all the way to California to give us a break.

MELISSA...getting into MIT for your MBA. Incredible!!

EMILY..you are getting married! Congrats!

Thank you DAYNA for being willing to watch Tyler from 9-12 midnight. Even though we got stuck in the ER, you came to the hospital with great food & arms to hold our little guy so we could eat.

Thank you DANNY for being a great husband and the best dad to Tyler and Scott.

Congratulations CHASE on getting into Georgetown for your JD/LLM!

Congrats VICTORY & DAN! Quinn is so cute and you have taught me the importance of patience these past 9 months of pregnancy.

Thanks MOM & DAD. You cook us great food, are shoulders to lean on and you love our kids unconditionally.

Thank you DENAE for sharing your story about why we don't always receive our righteous desires. I have a better understanding of a loving Heavenly Father because of you

Thank you BEAU. We talked about reference in church this month. Beau taught Luke about sitting still in church. He probably thought he was just teaching Luke, his 2 year old, but it was a great lesson for me as well.

Thank you BOGNERS. You are always willing to help with the kids and fill us with wisdom!

Congratulations JENNY & KEITH...Little Neil is adorable!!

Thank you LAUREL for your friendship, always checking in on Tyler and making me laugh.

TYLER...he reminds me not to complain and be grateful for all I have.

Congratulations on turning 1. Happy Birthday SIENA!!
Thank you BRYNN...you are such a great heart mommy. I look up to you and your patience prior to the Glenn as we face a surgery set-back.

Congrats KRISTIN & JEREMY! Audrey is beautiful and I am soo impressed with your attitute towards needing a C-section. You were full of gratitude and looked at the positives in a situation that most would have dwelt on the negative.

Thank you SCOTT! You remind me to laugh and love.

Thank you Susan, Anne, Dr. Rosenthal, Dr. Cooper, Dr. Hahn and so many who have helped Tyler. What would we do without you?
Thank you KRISTY! You are always so positive. I admire how you somehow found time to check on little Tyler on a day that you had every right to just think about what you were going through.
Thank you HEATHER! You have dealt with so many health issues this past year and never once complained or asked "why me?" I admire and look up to you so much. You give me strength and constanlty teach me to keep a positive attitude. I love you and feel so lucky to have you as my sister

Thank you KELLI. I was held up at the doctors and couldn't watch a friends baby. You came to my rescue!

Congratulations PARIS, ALIX, ANNIE, ELENORE, ELAINA, NOR, LISA, MARDEE and KATIE on your bumps.

EVERYONE who has thought and prayed for Tyler and our family. Thank you!

"Thank you" is a wonderful phrase. Use it. It will add stature to your soul. Never let a day go by without saying thank you to someone for something--and especially to your Heavenly Father.

Comments

Mardee Rae said…
Thank YOU, Heidi. You are always an inspiration and a great friend. You are one of my role models, and have inspired me again. Soon my blog will also have a post like this one. What a great idea. I missed you yesterday and hope I get to be around for more lessons in RS by you! And maybe we can play this week.
Julia M. said…
What a beautiful post, Heidi. I need to read that book. Your constant desire to improve yourself inspires me!
dayna said…
Heidi,

I'm still waiting for that midnight call! So glad to hear things are looking a little better (it is the 9th now). Hope you are getting some rest. Don't forget that I'm not afraid to wake you all up to help with Tyler! Bless you for your amazing faith and example.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons