Great planes wildcat at Heather Farms



The Wildcat ran the batteries all the way dead and it was still working. Last time, when the boat failed and there was that electrical smell, I thought it was due to the fried low-current tamiya connectors. I replaced them with high-current traxxas connectors, but the boat was still inoperable. Then I discovered my solder joint on the port motor had disconnected and there was evidence of wire melting. I replaced the weak 20 gauge cable with 14 gauge and replaced the metal props with some nylon ones from an Aquacraft Rio. It seemed to go the same speed, but there is still some wiggling at high speed. I'll remove the trim tabs and see if that corrects it.

As for the e-flite blade mSR, it is da bomb! I took it to the chapel with the boyz and flew it around. It is super fast and fun to fly it sideways and backwards. Scott has been flying my old red helicopter from last year's surgery and the tail rotor motor failed today. I desoldered the one from my original 2008 styrofoam havoc heli and soldered it into the medical chopper and it worked! Scott's pretty good at the choppers, but not good enough for the blade mSR. Tyler flies the coaxial helicopter and its blades are pretty tattered. I could get new blades for 6.00, but he still doesn't understand the concept of avoiding crashes.

Hopefully, my hub will be done tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons