Thanksgiving In Utah

We decided very last minute to drive to Utah for Thanksgiving to surprise the McMillans. We left on Wednesday after Danny's last patient and made pretty good timing. Tyler couldn't come due to high altitude which was sad. Hopefully he will be able to come with us after his Fontan. Vacations just aren't the same without the entire fam. The Riv made it to Utah and back. What a feat. Danny did most of the driving on the way since it was raining, dark and I hadn't finessed my Riviera driving skills. I am proud to annouce I did much better on the way home and even drove through the Sierras.Scott liked to play in the boat. He pretended to drive and call all boats on the speaker. I am sure that one of our first big purchases after a house will be a boat.Me and my cute hubby.
Scott loved Gato.



We sadly have no pictures of the McMillan family feast. All of Danny's paternal aunts and uncles get together with their family for a huge feast. It was a lot of fun. I especially loved personally getting to know the so talented Aubrey McMillan and her two cute little boys. I only knew them through blogging which is where I stole this picture from. Scott and Aiden played all night long. I was glad he found a friend to play with. I also got to sit with a nurse from primary children's who has taken care of so many HLHS babies who I know from blogging. It was interesting sharing stories with her and hearing how primary's PICU runs. What a small world.

Playing on the trampoline with cousin Siena. What beautiful colors in the background.


Danny went fly fishing with his dad and a guy from the neighborhood. They all caught something. Way to go Boys. Glen with his first fish.


Danny's sister, Michelle, their cute baby girl Siena and Jared.


The newest addition to the Stevens family, Brigham. This is Danny's sister, Lisa, Adam and their two kids. We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner which was fun. I like that there is a whole room with toys to entertain the kids before dinner.


The salt flats on the way home. Scott tried the salt and didn't like it. It was cold.
I was so excited to see my little guy when we got home and he had no interest in coming to me but lit up and streched out for his daddy. Oh, so sad. Scott took this picture of the two of us the day before we left for Utah. I was impressed.
It was good to get away and see the McMillans. We haven't been anywhere since Tyler was born and needed a little vacation. I can't believe it is December.

Comments

Unknown said…
What a fun surprise! I'll bet it broke your heart leaving Tyler behind.
Jon & I have an upcoming Christmas party in Tahoe that is over night. I don't know if I can handle being away from Josh. Usually the baby has attachment issues - in this case it is both baby & momma. We'll some how survive (I hope).
Anyway...nice to see you get away & have some fun!
I love the pictures! Especially the one of you & Danny!
Heart Mommy said…
Wow! you guys came all the way out here... I bet you had a blast. I also bet you were happy to get back to your super warmish weather.... Thinking about you always... Brynn
Wish we could have seen you:) looks like you had fun. I am glad it didn't snow on you guys.
Dan-o said…
I'm so glad the trip to Utah in the Riv all worked out. I didn't realize Tyler wasn't going to be able to go. What a blessing to have your parents near (I'm assuming you left him with them?). You do need a break on occasion! Looks like fun. We're excited to go home for Christmas. Happy we caught you before you left.
Jacquie said…
We were so happy that you were able to get away on a mini vacation and have a fun time with Danny's family. What a relief it was when we heard the "RIV" had made it all the way to Utah...
We had a great time spoiling Tyler for 5 fun filled days and are thrilled to help whenever you need a little R&R Love, Mom and Dad
The MacMizzles said…
Ah......I am grateful. You guys are keepers. :) What a great treat for our whole family to finally meet. Obviously Danny and Ryan knew each other as children, but I think it's been quite some time. I can't wait to meet Tyler, and baby. Aiden is still talking about Scott. Heidi, I miss you already.
Heather said…
What beautiful pictures. Looks like a great trip.
Julia M. said…
It was such a treat to see you at dinner! I was thrilled to get to sit with you and chat for a while. Your conversion story was very inspiring, and I'm so thankful to know you! You make people feel so comfortable being around you. It means so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons