The past couple of days

First and foremost Danny and I are so appreciative for our great family and friends who have emailed, called and showed in numerous ways that they care. There are so many people who have no support system during hard times and we feel so blessed to have more people thinking about us and willing to help than one could ever dream of. So thank you so much!!

Friday and Saturday were pretty hard for the entire family. I felt like I was unable to function in many ways while I was just trying to stay afloat myself. Scott knew something was going on and of course agitated by it. While these feelings are inevitable, it helped me realize I have so much to be thankful for and two boys and an amazing husband who I am blessed to enjoy each day and who need me. So many would do anything for children and a great husband and the countless blessings and wonderful life we have. This has made me realize the many things I do have.

We tried to relax and occupy ourselves but it is impossible at times to not be saddened and depressed and hurting over mourning for the loss of the expected. The loss of a child you were looking forward to raise. You think about what the future holds with uncertainty and fear; 20 more weeks of pregnancy, the birth of a child who you know won't make it, implications of genetic ties, a second child who faces his own health challenges, other children dealing with something they don't fully understand and so much more.

I thought of a friend who is a psychologist for ill patients and their families. Months ago we were talked at the pool and I asked her what helps families the most as they are faced with a poor prognosis. She said no matter how long someone is given, it is important they get to a point that they are able to continue living each day instead of living to die. How true. How marvelous to enjoy each day as a blessing.

In church we talked about spiritual gifts. I am grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the gift of faith and testimony and so much more during this time. My heart aches for those who don't have that. I wouldn't be able to endure these things without that knowledge.

Amidst heartache I do feel extreme peace. I know it is due to blessings from heaven and prayers on our behalf so thank you!! I enjoyed a great day with my kids today. I appreciated the blessing of being a mother to them more today than ever which is a marvelous feeling. Scott wanted Tyler to eat with him this morning, he wanted to hold him, he pulled out an old baby mat and had Tyler lay on it while he played doctor and gave him hugs and kisses, he wanted to take a bath with his brother and wash his hair. They laughed so much, they made me laugh, they are so full of joy and it truly fills my heart and spirit. I have been blessed with two amazing little boys and I know the third will be just as amazing. How comforting to know that he doesn't need to come to earth for long to endure all that we endure. He is perfect.

On my mission I think I got to the point that I wasn't living for myself anymore but for others and it filled me. This experience has helped me gain a new perspective of the time I have with my children which I can't express in words. I feel peace today. That is a greater Christmas present than anything.

Comments

The MacMizzles said…
Oh Heidi, I love you. Truly.
Katie said…
Heidi,
We are so sorry to hear the news. You are an amazing family and are in our prayers. The clothes are in my parents' garage and we were planning on bringing the stroller back. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Looking forward to seeing you.
Allison said…
Oh Heidi and Danny,

My tears are rolling right now. You two both brought such strength as Michelle shared with your our little boy's HLHS diagnosis. Your perspective and joy in Tyler brought me such hope. Now my heart breaks that you have been asked to carry another great trial with this little one. Our prayers will be with your entire family. This season especially makes us reflect on another mother long ago who knew that she was carrying a truly precious little boy. I pray that you will all be comforted and have a knowledge of what your little baby's role is here.

Alli and Kyle Hicken
Lindsey Anne said…
Danny and Heidi,

I was so sad to hear the news. My heart aches for you. I am amazed with the kind of perspective you have; that you can find peace despite the affliction. I think it is truly remarkable that you can count your blessings despite all that has happened. My prayers are with you.
Amy said…
Heidi, that made me all teary. You have the most beautiful and clear perspective. Thanks for opening your heart to all of us so we can learn from your strong testimony. We love you guys.
Jill said…
I am so sorry to hear about your news. My heart aches for what you must be feeling. You guys have gone through so much and are so strong. I hope you will continue to feel the peace you need to be sustained. I too know how loss feels and it is something you never get over, but you can keep living like your friend said and find the good each day! As everyone gives me support, one thing I know is true and find comfort in is this scripture: Be still and know that I am God!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Cardalls said…
We're so sorry to hear about your sad news. We hope that you and you family can find some comfort and peace now, and during the months ahead. We find great comfort in the perspective and knowledge our faith provides us.

We took our blog private and I didn't have an email address for you. If you want me to add you, send me your email address to the following account: cardallblog@gmail.com

Hang in there! You guys are amazing people with so much courage and strength!
Heidi, I am so sorry. Shari and I were talking tonight about how strong you are and how amazing your family is. Our prayers are with you.
Robin said…
I love you sooooooo much Heidi. You are a "star" in my life. And the joy you feel for your children is like unto the joy I feel with you and Laurel and watching the two of you grow and develop. We are so blessed by the people in our lives, how rich we are with the blessings of heaven. Call me when you can.
Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons