Tyler's Blessing




We had a great day on Sunday. The blessing was perfect and we were surrounded by family and friends whom we love dearly. Danny's family came in from Utah for the blessing and his mom will be staying until tonight, which has been fun and great since Tyler has had two nights where he was up feeding. It has been nice for us to get some sleep. I was so tired on Sunday night that I went to bed at 6pm...can you believe it? Danny gave Tyler the perfect blessing. He reminded us that Tyler would come and fulfill his mortal mission and will continue to be a beacon of faith and hope to many. He said that he has already touched so many lives and helped increase the faith of others. We feel so blessed to have him in our family. He continues to teach us of love, faith and the importance of family. He is such a strong little guy. To see someone so small go through so much is humbling and makes me realize that so many of my own little trials are so petty. Danny and I have been trying this week to be positive and remember all that we have to be thankful for. We are actually having a contest of who is able to delete negativity from their thoughts. I complained about having to go into work even though I love it (ahh) and Danny complained about something I don't even remember. That is how insignificant the things we sometimes complain about really are. Oh wait, I get another point, he just complained about our hospital pharmacy that just called about Tyler's meds. In his defense, the pharmacy has given us a major run-around and he said, "Watch--we're going to get there and they'll say, 'oh, it's at another pharmacy!'" Anyway, we are trying to remember the many blessings we have and how lucky we are for our family, to live where we do, our jobs and so much more.

Comments

D-dawg said…
I very much agree with you that when a little baby goes through tough things it puts life into perspective. Babies are just so sweet. I'm glad the blessing went well!
Jacquie said…
We had a special day! It was great to have Danny's family with all of us for the weekend and we enjoyed having friends join us for brunch.
Danny's blessing to Tyler and Heidi's testimony was beautiful!
We love you
Mom and Dad
Kerry Hoaglund said…
What a cute family! I love these pictures! I'm glad it was a special day for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons