Root Canal Theory




If it were only as easy as kisses making the pain go away!! Last night after a long days work, my poor husband got a call from his most important patient. I know that he felt soo bad to hear that his favorite patient had a horrible tooth ache, so he went into the office at 6pm and started a root canal on #15, the farthest back molar. Do wives ever make things easy for their husbands? Anyway, I know why endodontists can charge $1200 for a root canal and get away with it. You go in with this horrible pain, claiming that you would do ANYTHING to get rid of it. It is just that unbearable and an hour later you walk away pain free, a happy man or woman, able to conquer the world and promising yourself that you will never eat chocolate or the kids leftover Halloween candy again. So my hero for the day is my husband. My sister was also my hero for coming over and watching the little rascals for the night on such a last minute notice. They are two of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I love you guys!! For those who have good teeth and have never had the joy of experiencing a root canal, it is actually quite a pleasant experience. What other horrible pain can you go into a doctors office for and come out pain free? Actually, this summer I went into the doctors office because I thought I had a bladder infection. I went in with a lot of pain, went pee in a cup and came out a happy woman! Any guesses. That is right, I passed a kidney stone right there in the office. So much for having to strain my pee for the next 3 days. I know how to make things easy on myself. I just go to the office to give them my stone. Sorry if that was too much information for you, but those have been two great doctor office experiences that I have had. Giving birth was also a great experience when the pain was worth it. You walk away with a cute little baby. Sadly, I can't complain about the pain (even though I do to my husband non-stop) since the root canal is due to my love for chocolate, the kidney stone was due to not drinking enough water during pregnancy and in my opinion people are just plain crazy for having kids without drugs....Even though I do it, I really don't know why or recommend it to anyone else.

Comments

Kerry Hoaglund said…
I had a root canal when I was really really young. My dentist told me that I was his youngest root canal so far! Yipee! Ok, that isn't something to yipee about. Needless to say, a few years ago the root canal split in half and I now have a bridge. Not my favorite! I inherited my bad teeth from my dad! His teeth are awful, too. My mom's got virtually perfect teeth and she's never had braces or anything like that! Jealous!
Julia M. said…
I'm glad to say I've never had a root canal, but I have a crown on one tooth, and that wasn't very exciting. How nice of Danny to help his favorite patient!! And I'm glad to hear that you've had happy doctor experiences. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons