Monday, August 27, 2012

Running and Pondering

Lately, I have been trying to exercise early.  Sometimes I go to the gym for a 530 class or go running in the morning.  I love it if I am not too tired.  If I run I listen to conference talks which is such a great way to start the day. I always come away with two or three wonderful reminders for the day and for life.  Words that inspire me to be a better person.  I need to start a journal with these simple impressions.  For now, the blog will just have to do.

President Eyering spoke about service and acting upon those simple impressions to go and do.  So often I postpone simple acts for a better time.  That time never comes.  He talked about President Kimball coming to the hospital to visit his dad.  He greeted him, sat in a chair an didn't say much but just sat and comforted.  I need to learn that.  I can be a better listener.

President Monson talked about decisions.  He spoke of the decision of someone choosing not to play in a big game on Sunday and how that decision molded his life.  He spoke of the simple decision to click a mouse and enter degrading internet sites.  It is so easily to make poor decisions and as parents we must help strengthen ourselves, children and family to withstand the many worldly temptations.

Great way to start the day!  I love seeing the sun come up and enjoying the beauty of where I live.

1 comment:

cici said...

You are so right Heidi, great listeners make the best friends.
I am so glad you get to break away in the morning, as it makes for a much happier and patient Momma come dinnertime. ;)