Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Heart Moms

Perhaps my favorite thing about the blog are the heart moms I have met along the way.  I haven't met most of them in real life or met there kids, but I love them.  I pray for them through there surgeries and rejoice with them in their accomplishments.  There kids are going through the journey of HLHS or another heart condition and I know I am not alone.  They fill me with insight and hope and an assurance that it will be alright. Cici and Andrea are two of those people.  This post was inspired by the comments they just left that made me filled with gratitude for friends who care and encourage and tell me it will be alright.

They are always there to give me advice and assurance.  I always appreciate that advice because it is always meant with such love and encouragement.  It is interesting when you go through a journey like having a heart kid together, you grow in love and empathy for each other.  I feel that love in every comment. I have been tipped on finding super duper expensive special formula on ebay through heartmoms, cool id bracelets, diapers through insurance (which I don't think our insurance covered), the ins and outs of surgery, the emotions involved with being a heart kid and so much more. I have been reminded to enjoy the simple things in life.  I have been buoyed up through prayers and messages.  So to all the heart moms out there keeping a blog or connecting with this virtual world we live in, THANK YOU!!!  You are such a great support.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So wonderful to have such a great community to connect with.

Heather said...

So wonderful to have such a great community to connect with.

cici said...

You and Danny are very good hearted people. I am very selective in my blog readings and love your honesty with a touch of humor added.
Your Children are adorable and I know they will grow up to be wonderful people who follow in their Parents footsteps with their kindness and love of God.
I really enjoy your blog and it is one of the first ones I ever read, which led me to all the other Heart moms.
I have walked in your shoes and worried about all the same things and had some of the same trials and now if I can share anything that helps it makes me very happy.
Thank you for sharing parts of your life with us on your great blog. It always adds a smile to my day.