Routines

I have always needed to be better at routines and I am improving.  I wake up early and fill my days with productivity.  I read to get a desk and foster independence with homework.  Scott is young to be totally independent but he can do some things on his own and we used a desk today which helped him have quiet space.  I need to actually get a desk in their room.  I have gotten up at 5:30 to workout a couple of days lately and really like it.  Danny is a champ and takes the kids early if I am sleeping or awake so I might as well take advantage of the time.

Having the boys at school gives me time to work with Kira and clean the house.  We started music time again which is soo fun and I started a womens church group tomorrow which I am excited about.  I wasn't involved in a bible study last year so I am excited to do that again.  I pick up the kids, they usually play in the 100 degree heat at school, we come home for down time and snack and it is homework until swimming or soccer and off to bed.  A good busy.  I am starting to get how to keep the house clean, dinner on the table still needs some help, homework done and kids taught.  I am a definite work in progress but at least it is a work in progress.

I have realized it is ok if we can't make it to something because it is too busy.  We missed swimming yesterday because Danny was boating and I was at back 2 school. Originally I was going to have someone bring Scott and it was just too much to do.  It added peace to my life and I hope some peace to his.  We missed soccer the day because we had swimming and it was smart.  There is such a delicate balance between school, play and sports. I recognize having a bigger family comes with doing less things and I don't think that is a bad thing.


I realize I do better when we are balanced with activities.  I was the same way as a kid.  If I had a break from swimming I would get nothing done.  If I had little free time I was productive. We shall see how this goes in the years to come when we get busier.   For now I am really enjoying this stage of life of having little ones home with me and little ones at school.  Life is still so carefree and fun and stressfree for them.  School is simple and primarily filled with friends and fun.  Life at home is filled with kisses and hugs and having buddies that love being with me.  I will treasure this time!

Comments

cici said…
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down, cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
:)
Laurel said…
sounds like life is good these days. So glad to hear it!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons