My lemon trees

I've been pruning these trees according to some pointers given by one of Walt's friends in the Porsche club. Neither tree never really produced fruit until this year, and after we took this picture, I picked 22 lemons that were super good!


Tree on the west side

The lemons weren't that big but they had a good ratio of fruit to rind. Those are gala apple seeds on the cutting board, which I later planted in the yard. People discouraged me from doing it, but how do you think Johnny Appleseed made his legend?

Comments

Jenny said…
Wow, I am so impressed! And your apple seeds just might work out. There is a little old lady in my ward who saves tomato seeds from the grocery store and grows them in her green house. So who knows- you'll have to do a johnny appleseed follow up post.
Chelle said…
Hey, that's awesome Danny! Jared is getting big into trees too. He talks all the time about the apple varieties he wants to plant. Hopefully your gala will grow--that would be suh-weet! What are you going to do with all the lemons? Fresh lemonade?? Oh, and super cute/funny things your kids said--pretty impressive that Scott uses such big words like "nocturnal." :)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons