My dryer repair

This really should go on the Nitroblue-Investment blog, but Heidi wanted it on hers. Well, the dryer had been making a racket for a few weeks and Walt said that he was going to just call somebody and pay him to fix it. I volunteered to just do it myself, because hey, I'm freakin' Danny McMillan. I watched a few instructional youtube videos and completed the project in pretty good time. The problem was the drum roller--a bushing instead of a bearing--that had rusted and was causing way too much friction.

It took me only 5 minutes to get in. Skills.


A birds eye view with the drum removed. Lots of lint.

Drum roller with evidence of rust

Tons of debris on the shaft. Cleaned it with some WD-40, then re-oiled both sides with 80W90 gear oil. It was money. The best part? Free fifty free!




Comments

Julia M. said…
You are freakin' Danny McMillan, and we always think of you when we are in the dredges of some repair! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons