Camp Taylor


When Tyler was born I had a million questions. I wanted to talk to kids who grew up with his condition. I wanted to ask them what it was like, how I could best parents Tyler and learn from their perspective. Camp Taylor gave Danny and I that opportunity. We got to meet some incredible kids who are living life with Congenital Heart Disease at Camp Taylor. I could sense that these kids loved each other, had a bond that only they understood and cherished friendships they had with each other. They had a commonality that only a child with a CHD would understand. They were the counselors at a family camp for children with CHD.

My dad is part of a porsche club who did a raffle to support Camp Taylor and I had the privilege of listening to Taylor and his mom talk about Camp Taylor. Camp Taylor has impacted thousands of lives including mine. They have the vision of someday having their very own facility. Every year 40,000 kids in the United States are born with Congenital Heart Defects. The number of kids with CHD continually increases with advancements of medicine. This is one of the few camps that reaches out to these kids and provides the emotional and physical support they need at camp and for life!

If you or your business is ever in need of a charity to support, this is an incredible one!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons