My boys and Doctor Visit

It is BEAUTIFUL out and I am loving it!! Today after "pre-school" we met up with Melita and her three cute little boys. Scott loves playing with friends, while Tyler is still a parallel player. If Scott meets up with a friend he wants to do everything with them. If we go by ourselves he asks other kids if they will be his friend for the day. He is still a little shy and will have me help him, but once the initial meeting is complete, he is free to go and has a blast with his new friend. This is sooo different than how he used to be. I used to have to do everything with him and not leave his side. While I still do my share of pushing on swings, helping across the monkey bars and making roads in the sand it is so fun to see him doing things with other kids. One of your greatest hopes for your kids is that they will get along with other kids and be a good friend. It is also nice that I can sit and talk with other moms and my friends while our kids are having fun. Tyler has always been more social and independent. We are seeing more and more how Scott is a mini Danny in so many ways and how Tyler is more similar to me. It is fun to see your kids personalities, similarities and differences.

As for me, I have a couple more days until my due date. Danny and I are making the most of life with the two boys. It is so easy to go to dinner, movies, bike rides, etc with a 2 and 4 year old and know that that will soon change. While, we are excited to meet our newest addition, we are are surprisingly in no hurry to leave the stage we are in now. Is that a bad thing? Thats probably partly due to life being very easy right now as well as having two very abnormal births. We are both prepared for complications just because we don't know anything different. The more you experience the less naive you become.

My blood pressure is much better. It has been trending about 180/80-90. They tested me for pe which came back negative. This past weekend I felt like I was going to faint and my blood pressure was 100/70 when Danny tested it. When I went to the doctor on Monday it was a normal 120/80. I am dilated to a 3, 80% effaced and the baby is low. I laugh that they even give you numbers because I know all too well that they really don't mean anything, at least with me. You can be stuck at a 4 for a long time or go to a 4 in 30 minutes. This baby has been the toughest on my body with pelvic pain, blood pressure issues, thyroid issues, and being much bigger than I have ever been. It is so true that with every kid, the bigger you get. Not exercising since BYU swimming doesn't help the fact either. So the baby will come when it comes.

My greatest fear is not getting to the hospital in time or getting there and waiting 20 hours. If Danny is working in Antioch I will deliver close to his office. If he is in Walnut Creek or SF or if my water breaks I will deliver in Walnut Creek. I think we are having a girl about 60% of the time and a boy 40% of the time. I think it will be so fun to find out what the baby is. I am soo glad that we chose to keep it is surprise. It really is giving us something to look forward to amidst our concerns. Alright, I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Good Luck with the delivery! Everything is going to be okay, and I can't wait to see your new little one.
DCRomney 2010 said…
Hey you! I had no idea you'd been having blood pressure issues and stuff. Ai yai yai! Its a good thing you're such a strong, tough, optimistic woman!
I really can't wait to hear about the newest McMillan - I hope (s)he comes soon!!! And without any unnecessary excitement!
Unknown said…
I can't wait to hear what it is. Good luck with the labor and birth. I'll be praying for you!
Heather said…
So glad that your blood pressure is doing better. For my own selfish reasons, I am hoping this baby comes this weekend or early next week. I can't wait to meet him or her. I am thinking GIRL!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons