Siblings

Scott loves having a baby sister. He always said this was a sister and wanted to name her Stacey...I am sure after Charlies mom who he loves.

My mom went to primary with him at church and when he got home he was soo excited to see his sister. He put a blanket on her, he wanted to hold her and he kept saying, "she is a child of god." I wonder if they discussed that at primary. We had the missionaries over for dinner that night and after the prayer Scott said, "she was very good during the prayer mom." He really is a sensitive sibling.

We were really afraid Tyler was going to have a really hard time with the baby. He LOVES babies until I hold them than he throws a fit. The first time I held her he was so sad and wanted me to hold him. After we sat down together and played with the baby, he has done awesome. It is so great that Scott and Tyler have each other to play with. It really makes a third easier in so many ways when you have two kids that enjoy playing with each other. It also forces Tyler to be more independent which is so nice and needed. I can see how last children become spoiled. Whenever I am busy I tell them to play with the other and they do. It is great. So far things are going well with the boys and they love their sibling. It is also pretty easy right now because she isn't that much work. We'll see if things change. I am trying to spend time with each of them and it is nice that I am not working right now to adjust.

Ok, now the funny things he has said. It is so great having a four year old with a newborn.

"mom, why is she eating out of your elbow? That is really funny. That is also really disgusting."

Scott really thinks nursing is disgusting. When I explained that he nursed when he was a baby he said, "Yeah, and I really didn't like it. It tasted disgusting."

Scott really wanted to give her a bath and I explained how she only gets sponge baths until her umbilical cord falls off. Later that day he said, "mom, has her penis falled off yet?" "She doesn't have a penis Scott, she is a girl," I respond. He says, "The penis that needs to fall off before we give her a bath."

"Mommy, look, a piece of pooh," Tyler referring to the umbilical cord. Who knew the umbilical cord could be so fascinating.

Comments

John and SJ said…
Congratulations Heidi!! I am so excited for you and am so glad that things are going so well. Seriously it is so exciting!
Julia M. said…
I think I just peed a little bit reading those stories!! Whenever I leave Phineas to be watched by my sister's three kids, I think, "Man, the subsequent babies are so lucky to have older siblings that adore them!"

I'm glad your birthing experience was so great. I remember when Finn gagged on everything in the hospital. It stressed me out! But it went away, thankfully! Enjoy precious Kira. She's darling!
Unknown said…
That is hilarious. So what are you doing feeding her out of your elbow? Weirdo...=)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons