Day 1 with Three

I love, love, love having Kira in our family!! She is an angel. I can't get over how easy it is to take care of a healthy baby. They actually do sleep and love being held. She seems calmer than my boys already. I am convinced boys and girls are innately different. It was sooo nice sleeping in our own bed last night. Our queen bed seemed gigantic in comparison to the hospital bed Danny and I have shared the past 1 1/2 days. Yes, Danny is scared of the germ infested pull out sleeper and I like having him close by. Kira slept in between feedings and it was DREAMY!!! Love that girl. I woke up to Scott coming into my room to see me and baby Kira. We had a quick bite and headed out the door at 8:30 for doctor appts.

Kira saw a nurse practitioner for her 1-2 day well check and is doing well. I learned the fundamentals of little girls...who knew they could get a baby-period the first week of life?? She weighs 7 lbs and the boys were so helpful at the appt. Scott was excited to show the nurse his new animal book he got at the musuem. He even got to weigh it to see if it weighed more than his sister.

Afterwards, Scott had his 4 year old check-up. He did great. He loved the hearing test of dropping balls into a bucket, his eyes look good and he weighs 35 lbs. Tyler wanted to do everything Scott did. He even lifted up his shirt when Dr. Hahn was checking Scott's heart. Scott told Danny, "Tyler even wanted a shot". Life with a kid too familiar with doctors. I was so happy how everyone was doing. Scott was so nervous about his appt and he did great until the dreaded shots. He HATED his shots and led to the one and only meltdown of the day which is pretty good for us. He got after-shot-stickers and quickly crumpled them up. Tyler starting crying and I started crying that Scott was so sad and mean to his brother by not giving him a sticker. Can we say pregnancy hormones!!

We left about 2.5 hours later and I decided we all needed a little McDonalds pick-me-up. Nothing fries and a shake can't fix. We all felt much better and for some reason I decided to conquer DMV at lunchtime for a handicap placard and drivers license renewal.

Once we made it through line one, we went outside and found a tree with gravel to play cars. Tyler LOVES pushing toy cars in the dirt. Luckily they announce your number over a loudspeaker so we could soak up warm weather and stay away from the germ infested DMV. I got in and out in record timing, about 1.5 hours, since one of my tasks was getting a handicap placard. I debated if I should get one or not with Tyler and decided, "why not?" Class 3 & 4 heart conditions qualify, which Tyler has, he doesn't love walking far and I can't carry him all the time. It will be nice when we go to musuems or the City. I am excited.

Came home, the boys jumped on the tramp, swam and played cars while I treasured my little one, visited with Heather and Roman and enjoyed the night. Scott did RC cars, Danny came home, we ate, had FHE on love at home and got the kids down for bed.

The day was a success and now I am going to watch some TV!

Comments

CONGRATS! Heidi, she is very very cute. And you are absolutely amazing. That is a lot of errands for me, by myself, no babies, no toddlers, no 4 yr olds. Craziness!
DCRomney 2010 said…
I want a handicap placard!!!
And I totally agree, there's something innately sweet about little girls!!!
Rosalie Reibel said…
You are awesome. Love the detail about the DMV. I think you might be the only person I know who could go to the DMV so soon after having a wee one. Love it!

Take good care,
Carolyn Reibel and Family

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons