Schedule with the 2 boys

If you can't tell, blogging has gone down on my priority list due to staying busy with the boys. Life seems too easy right now which always scares me a bit. I think what is around the corner?? I guess it is a way of gaining hope that we will survive with another child. We have our routine each day which is great and makes us better people. Since it is my way of journaling, here goes a quick update of our week more for me than you, but if you are bored or dying to know about my random thoughts go right ahead.

Monday we have Joy School which is fun. They have such cute ideas and activities for the kids. The moms we do it with are all so creative and fun. I went to library time with Tyler when Scott was at school and it was fun. They tell stories and dance. Tyler is such an easy going child and it is fun to have some alone time with him.

I talk to Danny about how when the kids get older we need to do one-on-one dates with them. It is special for them to know they are special and get undivided attention. My parents went to Tahoe this weekend with Scott, while Danny and I stayed behind with Tyler. It was like having an only child. Tyler can't go to Tahoe because the altitude is hard on his heart. I visited one of our camp councilors at UC the other day who had an osteotomy on her leg due to a cath when she was younger. It wasn't heart surgery, but still complicated with HLHS and very painful. We were talking about going to Utah and she said it was pretty hard to breathe when she went. I love talking to older kids with HLHS because when I think Tyler will be fine in altitude, I realize that he probably won't be comfortable. We missed Scott and kept thinking about how certain activities weren't the same without him, but knew he was having a blast ice-skating, tubing and having fun in the snow. At the same time it was easy and fun to have just Tyler. We biked to downtown with plans to see Avatar in 3-D and the cheesecake factory. Half way through the movie there was a blackout and after waiting for a while eating our popcorn they refunded our tickets. We tried going to lunch but the power was out and it started to drizzle. We headed home and within about 2 minutes there were downpours. We got home soaked and Danny enjoyed the adventure. I just kept laughing at how we were trailering a child, I was nine months pregnant and we were trying to bike up hills.
Tuesday we do a bible study which I love. While I go to class, Scott and Tyler go to their classes which has singing, a lesson, reading, quiet, snack and play time. They both do great. Scott originally didn't like quiet/reflection time which is no surprise but good for him. His teacher is always amazed at how much Scott knows during the lesson and it makes me grateful for the tools we have to teach our children about Christ. You don't realize how much they remember and what they absorb at such a young age. I thought they would just have a childcare, like my other study does, but they have a full on organized program for each age group. It is such a great thing for the boys. I feel so blessed for a friend who invited me to do it. There are so many great things available to do.

A couple of months ago we learned about miracles in class. Today while we were playing he asked for a hammer so he could break open a rock and get some water like Moses. It made me laugh and I had to explain that not all rocks have water in them when struck open. We were reading scriptures yesterday and it mentioned people building villages. Scott said, "I lived at a village this weekend." He wasn't lying. He went to the Village at Northstar ski resort. I have a feeling it was a little different than the villages 200BC.

Wednesday we have a play date, go to park day which is now in our church's gym or some other activity. This Wednesday we reconnected with one of Scott's friends which was so fun. We rode bikes to church, played for 3 hours and than rode to the park. All of a sudden it went from a blue sky to pouring. Luckily my friend got there just in time to bring Scott and his bike home while I rode as fast as I could with Tyler in the trailer. That has been happening a lot to us lately. At least there were no major hills this time.

Thursday the boys go to "Charlie's pre-school" as they call it while I go to my class. They always have fun and we usually go out to lunch afterwards which is always fun to let the boys play and us talk.

Friday is our day off. Danny usually works half days which is so nice. It is like a jump start to the weekend. We are so blessed to have time together with our family. Danny LOVES being a dentist. He comes home eager to tell me about his day and is so good at what he does. That makes me so happy and makes me realize how important it is to find something you are passionate about. On top of that I feel blessed that it is a great profession to provide for our family and one that gives us so much time together. Danny is home the same time each day and never has work outside the office. One of our greatest blessings.

I love our schedule. I do so much better when we have something to do each day. It is so good for the boys to be with other kids and for me to be with other moms. Having your first child in some ways is the hardest because you don't have your routine, friends and schedule. I think it gets more and more fun with time.

I signed Scott up for Walnut Acres Pre-K for next year. He won't be able to start until Nov. 1st since you have to be 4 yr 9 months. They have a pre-k each day for 2 hours and other activities you get to choose to do. You do a minimum of 15 hours. At 2 it turns into daycare for the entire elementary school. They have carpentry, yoga, lunch time, pe and so many other fun things for the pre-k kids. I know he will love it.

While I am relieved that Scott enjoys going to class and being with other kids, it makes me kind of sad that he will be gone so much next year. I guess all I need to do is reflect on when he was about 1 1/2 and had such bad separation anxiety because of everything he was going through with Tyler to realize how blessed we are that he is now well adjusted. You realize that the time you have with your kids home goes so fast. The time that you can just rearrange your schedule to do what you want and what you kids want to do is almost over. I guess they need to grow up sometime. It makes you realize how important it is to treasure this special time as a mom with your kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons