Calling all game players

People have told us they are in blog withdrawal, so we are trying to spice up our blog a bit. Since Tyler is doing well and there aren't many updates we are going to have to find lives outside the hospital. We received what looked like a packet of information in the mail from UCSF today. Any guesses? It was the hospital statement. We are having a contest for all that want to play. Tyler was admitted to UCSF when he was 1 day old, 9/5/07, and discharged on his month birthday, 10/4/07. So what was the total bill?? Hints to help you guess: 1) 47 pages long 2) each page contains 45 costs (some might be multiple quantities on the same line) 3) includes everything from pharmacy, supplies, labs, operating room, his hotel for the month, occupational therapy, anesthesia, audiology, ekg, radiology and on and on 4) we are grateful for insurance!! Anything and everything you can imagine. Respond by posting a comment. Happy guessing. All submissions needed by Friday.

Comments

The MacMizzles said…
My guess is 265,056.32! Just to make it interesting I didn't round anything. I am grateful you have insurance, I can't even imagine.
chickadee3357 said…
I'm going to go with 187,000. I thought I would just round it.
Rummage said…
$371,189.53. More than dental school, but cheaper than a house in Walnut Creek.
Unknown said…
I guess 475,000.
Heather said…
OK, I'm going high. I guess $637,541.11. Once I went to UCSF and was charged over $15,000 just for an MRI and IV and left in 2 hours.
The Boz said…
i have no idea...after reading Heather's experience, I'm going to say $493,052.19
Unknown said…
$745,000 and change???? Bob and I really enjoyed our time with Scott and Tyler today. Tyler is so sweet to hold. I love to cuddle with the little guy! Bb and Scotty are become real buddies! They enjoy their play dates! Betty
Unknown said…
I'm not going to hazard a guess, but if the insurance companies start giving you a hard time, please give me a call. (All these years of being an insurance law nerd have to come in handy some time.)

We think of your all often.

Love you all,
Dani, Nancy and Troy
Ashley said…
Well, the longer you wait, the more guesses you have to peek at. I'm saying $532,623.04. No one guessed in the 500's, so i'm takin it! glad all is well....XO Ashley
Timeeh said…
I can't believe how little value everyone places on the best medical care in the world! :-) I'm going to go for a nice $1,000,000!!! Whaa ha ha ha ;-)
Julia M. said…
Maybe it sounds outrageous, but we are guessing $1.2 million. I hope you let us know the real price tag, and we're grateful you have insurance, too. We wish we could be there to help you out more. Your boys are so darling!
Ben and Julia Mc
Anonymous said…
Good for people to know.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons