Close-up heart surgery

We asked the anesthesiologist to take some pictures during the surgery and the camera was accidentally put on video. I think these are pretty neat. The white tube in the 2nd picture is Tyler's gore tex conduit running from his right ventricle to his pulmonary artery. When I hold Tyler and feel his little heart pumping I realize what a miracle baby he is. Thought this would be interesting to share. It is amazing what they can do. We are so grateful for Dr. Azakie and his team!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Heidi and Danny, These are amazing pictures. It took me awhile to decide whether to watch, but I'm glad I did. It is truly humbling to see what these surgeons do. I am in awe of both their abilities and their confidence in themselves. They must be so brave to even attempt anything so delicate and complex. Thank for sharing this (and the freezer full of milk, which made me chuckle.) You two have amazing strength and love. Betty
likeschocolate said…
This is so amazing. I found your blog from another blog. My son has a heart defect call Tetrollogy of Fallot. He had surgery almost a year ago. Thank you for sharing this. We will keep your son in our prayers as you go along this journey.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons