Danny and Heidi in 2011

Work....
Danny left East Bay Dental after being there for years.  It was a great job for him over the years.  He has been there from the beginning and grown it to be a successful practice, but felt there wasn't much room for his own growth or where he saw himself forever so he decided to make a move.  He found a job that he really enjoys.  He works beside a pediatric practice and sees all the teens and adults.  He really enjoys the girls he works with and is excited for this opportunity.

I on the other hand gave up coaching.  It was a great part time job, but it was time for me to be home with the kids.  It took a leap of faith, but I am so grateful that Danny urged me to stay home and decided to finally make the move to full time stay at home mom.  There isn't a day that goes by that I would rather be doing anything else than be with my kids.  I don't have to say no to something I want to do with them because of work.  It is the BEST and I feel so very blessed!  

Home....
We have loved living in Brentwood.  It is a good fit for our family.  We are living in the cutest house which we love.  It is perfect and such a great community.  Scott has made some good friends from school and we enjoy bike riding for playdates.  Today when I picked up Scott, tons of kids were walking home from school and I thought, "this is why I love Brentwood."  Not only are there a ton of kids, but they still play outside.  Love it!  

Church....
Danny is in primary.  It seems to be his niche in life.  I am in Cubscouts which is perfect for me because I can't have a huge commitment.  I do the paperwork and organize activities, which is fine, but not what I love to do.  Our new ward is really nice.  I miss the days that life had no commitments and we could go and do as we please which basically meant hanging out with friends and their kids.  I guess we all have to enter the school years at some point.  

Health....
Physically I can't wait to not be pregnant.  I have nothing to complain about compared to many, but am sick for the first 3 or 4 months, followed by tired and wanting my body back.  Every pregnancy has been a little different.  I feel like I have been so emotional this time around.   Emotionally, I am not quite sure how to take care of 4 kids yet, and we have to get through Danny and Tylers surgery and recovery, so I  am glad that the baby is still in my stomach.  We feel it is a boy and are grateful that the baby has a full heart and full brain.  

Danny has been a trooper through his recovery.  It is a really tough surgery and continues to be in a lot of pain as his muscles get used to the new placement of his bones. His last recovery was a long process, so he deals with one day at a time, looking forward to the day when he is hopefully pain free.    
I admire him for his positive attitude and patience.  I would not be able to deal with this like he does.

Patience....
It has been the year of patience.  We thought Tyler's surgery would be this year, but that didn't happen, which we are alright with and feel that things happen as they are meant to happen with him.  I have learned to adjust.  Danny's recovery is a recovery of patience.  We learned patience in the timing to move.  We are learning patience with Danny buying a practice.  We are learning patience with our rental.  We are learning patience with my mom and Bob's fight with cancer.  Sometimes challenges and life doesn't go as planned and the journey transforms us along the way. There is so much to learn and grow.  I am grateful for these opportunities to grow...too bad it usually isn't an easy process.  So that is 2011 for you in a nutshell.  Onto another year which I am sure will continue to be filled with all new excitement, adventure and life lessons...



Comments

melita said…
Heidi, you and your family continue to be examples of positive attitude and patience. May the Lord continue to bless all of you! And congratulations on your pregnancy; I didn't know till I read this post. Brentwood sounds calm and homy; Elijah would like that feel for a home of our own. James still says Scott is his best friend. Thank you for being so upbeat amongst life's trials. It puts me and my petty complaints to shame. Enjoy being a full time mom. You are awesome!
Julia M. said…
Mercy! I just read through everything you just posted, and it sounds like 2011 was a fairly exhausting, trying, growing year. I appreciate your honestly and factual relation of life. You are an incredible woman, and I am excited for you to have another baby!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons