Goals

You want to know something sad about my life. I am 27 years old and didn't celebrate the New Year. The great thing about living on the West is that you can always celebrate with the Times Square folks at 9PM and feel satisfied. Sadly, I didn't even watch them. No complaints because we were having a great time with the McMillans who were in town that we forgot all about the worldwide celebrations. I was sleeping at 12 which my body greatly appreciates!! Maybe next year Danny and I will celebrate like the majority of people our age (minus the alcohol of course).

I love the New Year for two main reasons. First, it is a time to reflect upon the past year. It is always fun to realize how much our family has grown, accomplished and achieved in just 1 year. Hopefully the trend continues that we grow in a positive direction. Second, we get to make New Years Resolutions to help, or at least give us hope, of all we can accomplish in the upcoming year. So here we go...

Geneaology! This one is on my list every year. I used to be really good at this and love doing it. So every week I want to find about an hour to devote to genealogy.

Get in Shape! I haven't excercised in about 4 years. How sad is that?!?! I want to start jogging 3x/week. Even if it is just for 5-10 minutes at first. I love being in running shape, just hate getting there. I have had a pregnancy in 2006, 2007 and 2008 which hasn't been good for my bottom or abs. I am lucky that my body stays small and returns to small shortly after birth but my muscles are non-existent.

Make a blog book! The final book will be my christmas gift next year.

Rent our Condo! This entails painting, finishing floors, moulding, finding renters and moving out. I have a feeling moving out will be the hardest. I have so much attachment, memories and love for our home.

Buy a House! It would only make sense that we have somewhere to move. Danny works in Brentwood and although he loves the commute we feel it is right to move there. A little sad, a little excited. Another post will have to explain all this.

Write a Book! This is the most exciting goal for me. Since Tyler was born, I have had an itch to write a book but the topic, story, ideas never came to me. Timing was not right and to be honest, I didn't know if this would always be a dream or actually become a reality. After Carl was born I had an "ah-ha" moment. I have started to write and it is almost as if things are just coming to me. It is one of the neatest and inspiring feelings. Life is very simple and easy for me right now which makes this possible. Another goal that I need to write more about.

Get Pregnant! Who knows what the Lord has in store for us. Sometime in the future I want to get pregnant again. I don't have that feeling like I had with Scott, Tyler and Carl of when it will happen, which is nice. Maybe it won't be for a while. One thing I have realized is this one is in the Lord's hands not ours.

Comments

Julia M. said…
Heidi, you inspire me. I love your frank ability to say what you need and feel. I hope you achieve your 2009 goals, and much more!

Oh, William is fabulous! What a party. I think Ben would really enjoy being William's counterpart. Does he need one? :)
Melissa said…
Hi Heidi! I just got your card for the year and I have been reading your blog for the past hour. It has been wonderful to see your darling little family. You and Danny are quite the amazing parents.

Hopefully by blogging we will be able to keep in touch a little bit better :) I wanted to tell you that Alex Homer is one of Ben's best friends little nephew. What a small world!
dayna said…
What?? Too much is happening...you can't rent your condo because you can't move! I won't let you. I mean, you'll have to promise to make weekly visits! I loved you lesson on Sunday (as always!) and couldn't make it through the month without a Heidi lesson. Also, it's not fair that you haven't worked out in 4 years and look so great. I work out every day and my butt still slaps! (I'll explain, if you want :))

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons