School pictures

Yesterday was school pictures.  They don't seem to do a classroom group photo anymore, so you pay this company way too much money for mediocre prints and then they do a composite print containing each individual's headshot.   I liked the group photos they took at East Layton Elementary because there was always someone who wasn't ready for the picture, so they looked surprised, or there was someone blinking.  Plus, the principal and our teachers were in the photos.  

I took my own photos before school started.  Mr. Congeniality had no problems smiling for the camera.  

Scott didn't want to show his teeth and ran inside.  Then Mommy bribed him with something and coaxed a teether out of him.


This is how he wanted to smile.  I think he looks more natural in the toothy smile.  I don't like Kim Kardashian, but I think she has mastered the closed mouth smile.  Speaking of KK, Kanye was booed at a baseball game when they showed him on the jumbotron.   I don't know why those people have their own "reality" show.  Who cares what Kim's gonna wear to her ultrasound?  Come on.  They ought to call theirs a fake show, not reality.  Or, "Keeping up with the Kardashians' Debt!"  People still watch her, though.  They say it's entertaining.  I think it's contaminating.  But my blog only has four followers, so I can't talk.  Justin Bieber has 46 million twitter followers.  

How do I even know this?  I see as patients a lot of young people who keep me up-to-date with my E-gossip.   I've thought about starting a twitter account.  Then I thought, "No."  Anyway, Scott's photo:


Then he wanted a shot in front of the golf course.  The lighting wasn't good when we did these shots, but this will have to do.  

The other night there was a ruckus in the ditch behind our house.  I got out my super flashlight to investigate, but couldn't see anything, even though the noise continued.  I thought of the movie Super 8 and decided to stay on our side of the fence.  



Comments

Chelle said…
Nice shots! I think I'm going to take my own too instead of buy the school ones. I like to have natural smiles, and I can only get those when Jared is trying to make the kids laugh while I snap away. Too bad the school doesn't do classroom pics. That's surprising. And I agree with you, the Kardashians are pathetic!
cici said…
I like the open mouth photo best. Gotta see those teeth! Tell Scott he has great teeth. They give him character.
I wish they would do the old fashioned class photos too, they are priceless.
You are very wise not to waste money on those individual photos, they are never any good and get stuffed away in a drawer for years.
P.S I vote yours *Best Blog*
It's real, not sugarcoated fluff and always puts a smile on my face.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons