My Mom

Went to visit my mom today in the hospital.  She is in isolation after her radiation since her immune system is so low and she had some type of infection.  It was so nice to sit and talk without interruption for butt wiping, crayon finding or food making....you know what I mean??

She is in good spirits but could use some prayers.  So send them her way.  I can't imagine all that she has gone through these past couple of months from chemo to radiation.  She has been so brave and optimistic.  She has always been the one taking care of everyone else and now she is on the receiving end.  She is taking on this challenge with patience, optimism and grace.  What an example she is to me and how grateful I am to have such a wonderful mom!

Comments

Amy W said…
Your mom is so wonderful! We will definitely keep her in our prayers.
Jacquie said…
Heidi,
Reading this made me cry...I love you and the children so very much!!! It was so special to visit today at the hospital for a few hours (just the 2 of us) and just talk, smile and be together. I know prayer is golden and everyone's prayers and special thoughs mean so much to me! Love, Mom
DavidandJuliann said…
We love your mom! We are praying for her and hope she feels better soon. Sending hugs, kisses and prayers her way and your way as well. Love you guys!
Jenny said…
Heidi and Jacquie, I am thinking of you both! The older I get the more amazed I am with all the incredible women in the world. You are two of my most favorite. Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. I love you.
Anonymous said…
Heidi, your mom and your family are in my thoughts so often...I admire the strength and positive attitude we continuously hear/see from your family. The struggles you have gone thru with Tyler and the family time you spend together that I read/see thru FB and your's/Heather's blogs truly have inspired me to be more patient with my children and my family and reminded me what matters most in life.
Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons