Sunday...A day of....

Rest...right?

Today in Sunday school we talked about some Paradoxes in the scriptures. Christ teaching and healing on the Sabbath. In reality, Sunday is a day of rest from the world and work in the service of God which for many means meetings and work to keep the Church going.

We talked about paradoxical "inconveniences" of the gospel. As I was walking in late from doing things for my calling that should have been done the day before, cleaning the smashed gold fish in our Sacrament pew, and given details about an upcoming event, I replied, "sacrament meeting with kids."

Everyone laughed, but I was kind of serious. It is a lot of work to get out the door in Sunday dress by 9AM and have the kids be reverent (all relative) for 80 minutes. It takes patience, prayers and work, but it is 100% worth it. Our family is blessed. I look forward to it.

I have thought a lot about work and the gospel. Progression revolves around work. Whether in school, professions, at home, at church other areas of your life, the more you work, the more you progress and usually the more fulfillment you get in life.

One of the greatest things about the Church is that everyone is asked to work. I have realized that the more you do for the Lord, the more you receive in return. Your time is multiplied. Your love for others grow. And your relationship with the Savior grows.

I am in compassionate service in our relief society and it has been my favorite calling and taught me a lot about service. I basically get to visit people or ask others to help serve the sisters in my ward in various ways.

I am uplifted and humbled by peoples willingness to serve. I recognize the Lord is involved in all of our lives, needs and worries. I have been able to form friendships with all ages and people that I sadly might not have formed otherwise. It is humbling how as I find tiny amounts of time in my day to serve, the Lord magnifies and blesses my time and life of my family. I love my relief society sisters and all that it stands for. It really is an amazing womans organization! I feel so blessed to be a part of it.

Comments

Laura said…
Heidi, i think you were put on this earth to inspire. And you do it REALLY well! Everything you say and everything you do is always an inspiration to me...and you know that I am not the only one.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons