Labored another Stone

I am asked is if kidney stones or labor is worse. I have had two natural labors and two with epidurals. Kidney stones are WAY worse than an epidural labor and comparable to a natural labor. I had a kidney infection with my first stone years ago that was the worst pain that I have ever ever experienced and don't wish it on anyone. Passing stones just depends on how long it takes and how long it is trying to get out of your kidney. It is like back labor. The best part is when you pass it, you have immediate relief but nothing to show for it. At least after a labor you have a cute kid.

For some reason I form stones. I think it is a combination of holding my pee, not drinking enough and being pregnant for five consecutive years. They did tests to see how many more I have and I am not sure if I am going to call for the results. X-rays show I have them in both kidneys but why would I want to know. It is like knowing you have future pain with no reward.


Comments

Chelle said…
Ohhh, Heidi I am so SORRY! That is awful that you are prone to those. I've had a couple of friends who have had those and they said the same thing: just as bad if not worse than labor. Maybe you could start carrying around a water bottle?
Jacki said…
Is there a kidney stone fairy? There should be. One that pays big bucks for each stone you put under your pillow.

I am going to start taking you out to dinner for each stone you pass.
Dan-o said…
Ouch Heidi. That looks horribly large.I'm glad it's over. May you never pass another!
Laura said…
Oh Heidi! That is HUGE!!! This is AWFUL!! I don't know how you do it?! I hope that any that are left are tiny and they just magically break apart and disappear!
Aubrey said…
If I lived close to you I would take you out for Ice cream. You should be rewarded for passing that!!!!! I can't even imagine how painful that would be. Sending love, and Ice cream to you and grateful that the "passing" is over.
Janelle said…
EEEEKS! I hate kidney stones. I have a fear of them always at the back of my mind. The pain is UNFORGETTABLE!

I did once have a kidney stone that put me into labor. Now that was painful.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons