The VERY BEST Day of Kindergarten

Scott got in the car after kindergarten beaming.  He got to do the share bag or pick something to share with the class.  He chose the Bandit, his RC car.  He told the class he got it at Tower Hobbies, keeps it in the garage and drives it a lot with dad.  The teacher let him drive it on the black top which was "SOOO cooool"!  He said he went so fast that rocks were flying and the entire class was cheering and yelling for him.

He loved it and kept saying, "Day 40 was the very best day of Kindergarten."  When I asked how he knew it was day 40 he said, "the President of the school (aka Principal) Mr. Jones counts the days and puts up a new number each day with a special key".

As soon as he got home he called dad to tell him about his great day and drew a picture so that he would never forget.  This is the first year that he actually likes to draw.  In the past he would just draw when assigned and now he actually likes it.  Pretty fun to see how their interests change with time.

Yeah for loving Kindergarten.  He is so excited to go and I couldn't be more grateful.  In bed tonight he said he can't wait to finish painting a house he didn't get to finish today.  I love that he looks forward to school the next day.  I was a stressed out kid and didn't love the elementary years, was totally lost in middle school and grew to love learning and school in high school and college.  I hope he loves the process of learning.

He is so into coloring up at school and so happy to tell me he colored up to the top today that he really wanted to make a color up chart for home.  We will see if I can actually stay on top of doing it.  We have chore charts that Scott really likes even though I often forget to put the pins on the accomplished tasks.  At the end of a period I just reward him with what I think he earned in his allowance.  At least the concept is motivating Scott.  Now I just need to do better at implementing.

Comments

Heather said…
Very cute! Great story and how adorable that he wanted to color the day.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons