General Conference

I love General Conference.  I am no longer in the season that I could sit and absorb every message, but it is a good season I am in. The bits and pieces of the messages that I hear resonate within and I recognize all the things I am doing well and can do better.  I leave a better person, awaiting the next conference in six months.

So tonight was the relief society meeting which was so good. Some points I really liked was how importanat it is to be a visiting teacher.  I love the two woman that I visit teach.  I have grown to love so many woman who have visit taught me and who I visit teach.  I loved when they said it is really about the depth of charity.  There is such a difference when visiting teaching is about loving and caring someone compared to making sure you get in a visit each month.  

Another point I loved was about charity.  When I was in the Northgate ward I had the blessing of being in compassionate service.  I have had that calling twice now and absolutely love it.  Probably my very favorite calling. While Scott was at school, Kira, Tyler and I would go and visit people and I loved it!  We got to know so many wonderful sisters and were filled with the Spirit.  My family will be the recipients of service for the next three months while Danny has a major surgery followed by Tyler.  I now serve within the walls of my home and recognize how wonderful it is to have the ability to serve and blessings of family and friends who serve.  Nothing fills you quite the same.  

Someone said something along the lines of helping others makes our own difficulties seem easier. It is so true.  It is humbling to go and serve and recognize how many people have some really difficult paths they are asked to walk.  It always make me realize all the little things in my life that we are so very blessed for.  The thing that I feel so blessed for is the Lord has placed these incredible woman in my life that go through trials I could never imagine yet never complain and find total happiness amidst their struggles because their relationship with the Lord.  I thank the Lord for placing these incredible woman in my life who give me perspective and really help me enjoy and recognize the many blessings we have.  

Elder Uchdorf gave a great talk about finding the best ways to spend our time.  So often we focus so much on things that don't need to be focused on.  I think I do a pretty good job of simplifying life but can do a better job just filling my time with the best things.  I loved that he said something like "If we spend our days waiting for the beautiful roses, we could forget the forget me nots that surround us.  Don’t close your eyes to the simple and elegant beauties to each days."  Danny and I often talk about how blessed we are that we are happy people.  Much of it is finding the day to day beauties in our lives.  There really are so many when you look for them!!

Great meeting.  I hope that we can watch next weekend in the hospital.  Danny will be drugged up and sleeping but I will just be sitting.  I will bring my laptop just in case their is service.  If not, we will have plenty of downtime the next couple of weeks.  

Comments

Ranee said…
Hello Heidi~ My name is Ranee Hansen and I am Liz Fuller's cousin. She recommended that I contact you because we have an adopted son who is a heart baby...even though he's almost 6. Last week, out of the blue, the cardiologist mentioned the words "heart transplant" and threw us for a major loop. Would you be willing to talk to me? My email is kermitcrew@gmail.com Thanks so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons