Camping

Labor Day isn't official without camping. I am such a last minute planner and decided to go camping on Wednesday, 2 days before the crazy 3 day weekend. That means 0 spots left at most places. I refused to go anywhere without a lake or river to play in the next day since it was supposed to be 100. We got the last spot at Del Valle and had a great time camping on Friday night and playing on the rock beach, warm lake and shaded grassy area on Saturday. I always say that next time I will actually plan and get a group of friends together but never do.

It all worked out because when I went down to the beach, I set down my stuff and heard my name. Friends from the NG ward were right next to us. It was great that Scott and Tyler got to hang out with Henry all day. Especially great when Tyler took a 2 hour nap and Scott still had a playmate.

McMillan tips to Easy and stress free camping = 1 night stay, foil dinner and cereal breakfast, RC cars for entertainment, less than 1 hour drive and swim suits for a change of clothes. I do wish we brought sweatshirts and enough sleeping bags and an air mattress for comfort but it all worked out...Can you tell I am not a hardcore camper. The weather was perfect and we had a great time.



Comments

Julia M. said…
Hooray for last-minute camping trips like that! How fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons