Cub Scouts

I have entered the world of cub scouts as a committee chair (no idea what that really means). I am excited to learn something new and most importantly get to know all the cubscouts and their families. I think my job is staying organized which I am not good at and delegating which I like to do.

Yesterday was roundtable when all the leaders get together to plan and discuss the upcoming month and events. Scouting is an interesting world. There are people that are meant to be scouts. They entered the scouting world 40 years ago as a youth and are still in it. I love that. I love that they love what they do.

They start telling us we all need to go to wood badge (I think must be somewhere in the woods where you earn badges, tie a forward knot (hopefully its the knot I learned in 1st grade) and involve parents (YES! I can do that and understand the lingo!) So I left after 90 minutes because Danny was still at work at it was past 9PM. The church has gotten really good at condensing meetings but round table is not one of those meetings. Perhaps this is the round table way. I will tell you how the next one goes. Even better I will implement what I learned to involve everyone and send a different leader each month so we are all involved.

Comments

Dan-o said…
Heidi,

That is awesome that you are the Committee Chair. That will be a great position and provide you with a good understanding of how the Cub Scout organization is supposed to work. You will have wonderful opportunities to provide support to the dens in a background role to ensure they have everything in place to do fun things and learn new skills. And no, not all Round Tables are 90+ minutes long, thankfully. Our are less than an hour, so it can be done!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons