Weber

Finally got my barbecue! I was combing craigslist for months and found the 22.5" Weber grill and cover for a great deal. Mike and I picked it up and then on Saturday, we bought our food at Winco (a separate post is needed for Winco's greatness) and lit the charcoal.

Scott was interested in the new bbq.

The burgers were good. The corn was a fail. I wasn't as good at barbecuing as I thought. I should have watched my youtube videos before, because I didn't add enough charcoal and didn't position it correctly in the kettle. But I bought a charcoal chimney from wal-mart and now I'm prepared for the next round of barbecue. Also, we went to la Huasteca for some carne asada, but they had closed! D'oh!

After we ate, the boys and I put some wood in and roasted marshmallows. It was a good night.

Comments

Dan-o said…
Looks pretty sweat. Did you avoid a gas grill on purpose? We had a charcoal grill as a kid and it worked fine, but we didn't seem to use it all that often. That made it a very special occasion when we grilled food. I'm sure you'll use yours plenty though. Glad you found what you wanted on your favorite site.
Robin said…
Looks good. A tip for bbq corn. Soak it before you grill, don't know how long, I just do it during my prep time. It adds steam, and keeps moist.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons