Young Womans

In my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the members each have different callings that we are called and released from. I have been in the Young Woman organization for the past year. I just got released from being the 1st councilor which means I was mostly with the MiaMades, Freshman and Sophomores in High School. It was my first calling in young womans and I really enjoyed it. The girls of course taught me way more than I could ever teach them. It was the perfect calling to have as I welcomed our first girl into our family. We say a young woman theme each Sunday that reminds us that we are daughters of God who loves us and we love him. We are reminded to live the young woman values of faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity and virtue. I did a lot of pondering and thinking about those values this past year because of this calling.

I realized areas of my life where I could improve on all these values. It is amazing how when you teach children or the youth, you realize areas in your life where you can improve. I love it!! The best part about serving is that when you serve, you grow in love for those you serve. I was able to see the amazing qualities and strengths of each of the young woman we serve as well as the leaders I served with. Our President, Sally Anderson, is amazing. She is so organized and gets the job done. Our second councilor was so diligent in all that she was asked. Our teachers were so full of wisdom and insight. It was a calling that was very faith promoting to see young woman chose to live the gospel and hence being young woman full of virtue and integrity in a world that is in many ways teaching them otherwise. I love being a woman. I love being with other woman and being a mom. This was such a good calling for me to recognize that these young woman were so amazing and how great the gospel and cleaving to a testimony of Jesus Christ during the high school years is to shape who and what these young woman will become.

These are a couple of the MM at a clothing swap we did with out stake. Emma just got her wisdom teeth out and would probably kill me if she ever looked at my blog. Luckily I think that nobody in high school looks at blogs. They are all busy on facebook. I actually got two pairs of pants and two shirts out of it and best of all got rid of tons of clothe in my closet. We all cleaned out our closet and went shopping. All the leaders got to shop after the girls and all that was left was sent to a less fortunate ward. Super cute and fun idea for weekly mutual idea.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons