Grammy and Grampy

Grammy and Grampy came to visit for Tyler's birthday and we went FISHING!! I have never been fishing before and it was actually really fun. We went to three different locations in three days. I realized we live in a pretty good place to fish.

#1 Lafayette Reservoir, 15 minutes from home

Can you believe that we have such a beautiful little resevoir so close to home? I used to walk around this (about 2.5 miles) when Scott was little with other moms. Now we just go to drive RC cars, play on the playground and now fish. Scott caught 2-3 tiny little fish which was so fun for him. Danny, Kira and I like to watch and enjoy the excitement of the boys.



#2 The Delta
We went to visit Danny at work in Antioch and went to a fishing pier afterwards that was about 5 minutes from his home. Scott caught 6 fish small/medium fish in about 1.5 hours. He was loving it and so excited everytime he caught a fish. Tyler loves cars. He is entertained wherever we go because of his cars which is so nice. It was so interesting seeing so many fisherman. I realized that fishing would probably not be my thing because I like to talk. I wanted to go and ask all the fisherman about fishing when they probably wanted to get away from people like me and are hence fishing.




#3 Del Valle Lake
We rented a little boat which was fun but didn't catch anything. A guy who was fishing at the same time caught some huge fish. This was the only day that it got a little too windy and were cold so we decided to come in after an hour. The boys liked the boat ride. We are so excited we have a new hobby for when Grampy comes out and someday I will actually know how to fish to help my boys. I think that Scott knows more than me right now which is typical. He is way more advanced in fixing his car or knowing what is wrong with it than me. That is my little Danny. Thanks Grammy and Grampy for a great weekend!!

Comments

Julia M. said…
You win for most blog posts in one day! I love the update on your family. It looks like you've been having a lot of fun. Thanks for being so honest about Tyler. I'll need your advice in about a year and a half!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons