McMillan Family Trip - Lake of the Pines

We go on a family trip with the McMillans about once every one to two years and I am loving it more and more each year. I think it is because I have come to realize how important spending time with family is. When we were first married, I would feel bad taking time off because we could have been making money. Sad but true. I feel I have grown a lot in priorities and feel so blessed for coming to understand the important things in life. It is these trips that the cousins get to become lifelong friends and we get to grow, talk and relax that doesn't happen in any other setting. It was so fun being with Danny's parents, siblings, spouses, nieces and nephews. We had a great time at this hidden treasure called Lake of the Pines. It had the cutest beach/lake/tree shaded grass and pool. We stayed in a beautiful house which was surrounded by the outdoors. It was magical. Funniest part is that when we got home we went to a friends house for a BBQ and we were telling them all about this place and her parents retired here. We were about a block away from their house in this secluded neighborhood. Small world!

We relaxed by the pool and lake. We rode bikes. We laid on tubes and talked. We played at the house. We went on small jaunts. We saw lots of dear. We rode RC cars and boats. It was great.

Comments

DavidandJuliann said…
We had so much fun being with you guys!! We seriously did not want to come home. Thanks for the memories together. We love you all so very much and enjoy being together. Hope to do it again soon!!
Julia M. said…
Oh my goodness! What a blast. Those McMillans are some of my favorite, and I'm a bit envious that you got to spend a whole week with them. What neat people.

It's nice to grow up and continue to learn, isn't it? I am so grateful for that!

I can't believe how strong Kira is getting. What a doll!
allison said…
Such fun! I'll bet the boys had an amazing time with their cousins (and everyone else for that matter:)!
So was that Lake of the Pines near Auburn? That's only like 30 minutes away from our house. We want to spend a few nights there this summer, I'll have to e-mail you & get the info on the spot you stayed...looks like it was a blast!
Heather said…
Looks like the perfect vacation with relaxing, sun, pool and family. So glad you had a fun trip.
Dan-o said…
After talking with Danny about this trip I'm pretty jealous! Sounds like you guys all got to do some pretty darn cool things. I like the kid's slackline too. :-) I'm assuming that was a nice touch from Adam. Glad the Wildcat was working too.
Tara said…
So I heard recently that you had a blog, so I decided to start blog-stalking you, hope you don't mind. Also, funny enough John's cousins live at Lake of the Pines too! We had Christmas there last year!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons